Cheaper Bondtech feeder

Talk about your experience with Ultimaker printers
Neotko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+ x2.5

Re: Cheaper Bondtech feeder

Post by Neotko »

It should fit (not sure yet) on the meduza geared addon, so yeah. This small kit it's for 1.75mm, they don't seem to sell the drivegears for 3mm without the full kit.
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

Fit on meduza gear might need a) Small redesign of 'where' the nuts go by 5-7mm or b) 35-40mm m3 screws. So no biggie.

Also today after 15h of perfect (and really really good extrusion, I'm very impressed by how 'smooth' it works on very heavy retractions (let's say a 15% improment of what I had, no biggie but clearly a big gain on reliability).

Well at 16h print I started to see how the gear grab 'a-la' Robert, and the design of the mirror gear pushes the gear holder (even though it's on a bearing) up and I ended with a small deformed holder that I had to manually push every 5-10mins to finish the print). So it's almost finished and it just needs something to counter that force (that's quite small but constant) so the hands of the robert arm yoke) stays in place.

Byw the name of the feeder with be FatRoberts :D

Also while initially the body was going to be one part, I'm gonna split it in two to improve small details.
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

Interesting think I found by just looking around for a e3d step file (can't find it :S)

So... umm..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272354110557

This guys sell a geared extruder, for me the interesting part it's that item that they list on ebay, the gear solution it's a 4,94:1 Gear solution, that's actually better than what I could find on Misumi and actually REALLY cheap. This could help Anders Olsson small and compact nema to produce an actual solution for direct drive 2.85mm filament and also it could make a really strong Meduza geared solution.

It's actually, really really cheap for this kind of gears right?? Also all 5mm shaft ready!

The thing it's that I don't actually need any geared solution for my FatIRobertI bondtech cheap system, but maybe it's interesting for anyone else?

I'm gonna use Quote so Anders Olsson so he get's an alert.
Anders Olsson wrote:
Hey Anders how you doing men?? Long time no see! :D

Return to “General Discussion”