ColorFabb XT-CF20 Carbon Fiber Filament

Discussion of brand name filaments (ColorFabb Brand, NinjaFlex, Taulman, etc.)
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: ColorFabb XT-CF20 Carbon Fiber Filament

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I have this problem on smaller 6in spools of filament vs the larger ~8in spools.
When the filament gets closer to the center of the spool is appears that the filament is to tightly wrapped.
It will not unwind from the spool without help unwinding it and keeping the filament loose.

Therefore I have tried not to purchase the filament that they sell on the smaller spools.
I have an enclosure when this filament is required a heated bed temp of 100C then heated filament unwinds correctly.

Hope this will help
Turan
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Creality cr-10s

Post by Turan »

Roberts_Clif wrote: December 4th, 2019, 9:49 am I have this problem on smaller 6in spools of filament vs the larger ~8in spools.
When the filament gets closer to the center of the spool is appears that the filament is to tightly wrapped.
It will not unwind from the spool without help unwinding it and keeping the filament loose.

Therefore I have tried not to purchase the filament that they sell on the smaller spools.
I have an enclosure when this filament is required a heated bed temp of 100C then heated filament unwinds correctly.

Hope this will help
Thanks

So, the spool and filament tightened also might make problems.
My spool is actually large. It has 12 in diameter. I am not sure whether the problem is with that one since it worked at least well before when we bought it new. Now, we have problems. As I said I loosened before I leave my office. It printed 10 layers and when I came in the morning nothing squeezed out of the nozzle.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Turan wrote: December 4th, 2019, 10:38 am 1. So, the spool and filament tightened also might make problems.
2. My spool is actually large. It has 12 in diameter.
3. As I said I loosened before I leave my office. It printed 10 layers and when I came in the morning nothing squeezed out of the nozzle.

1. Yes
2. Sometimes the filament gets stuck and will not unwind. Sometimes it gets tied in knots
3. Have had the exact same happen. works perfect while watching .
Walked away came back not long after and the filament had stopped moving and a gap between the nozzle and model the filament was very tight.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I'd be curious of the wear on your extruder gear
I haven't used the material on my CR-10S's simply because I only have the 2.85mm version of the material on hand.

Have you done a lot of small test prints to dial in the material? I had to, in order to find the right temperature range. It's a mess on a nozzle, I struggled with the blobs.

Speaking of nozzle, are you using a hardened nozzle?
Turan
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Creality cr-10s

Post by Turan »

LePaul wrote: December 6th, 2019, 8:43 am I'd be curious of the wear on your extruder gear
I haven't used the material on my CR-10S's simply because I only have the 2.85mm version of the material on hand.

Have you done a lot of small test prints to dial in the material? I had to, in order to find the right temperature range. It's a mess on a nozzle, I struggled with the blobs.

Speaking of nozzle, are you using a hardened nozzle?
Steel nozzle I used.
I don't know
when no retraction we have oozing when retraction we have clogging

Return to “Special brand filaments”