Extrudr PLA Tec Black

Discussion of brand name filaments (ColorFabb Brand, NinjaFlex, Taulman, etc.)
Neotko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+ x2.5

Extrudr PLA Tec Black

Post by Neotko »

I must say so far the filament it's amazing.

First the spool when you touch the filament it's a bit more flexible than pla's like faber or colorfabb. Second it's totally matte with no reflexions, and since it's black it looks like a black rubber color. Like a car's tire.

When you flex the filament it doesn't snap, and it take's quite a while before it starts to break and show a bit of 'grey'. It actually didn't snap and I had to cut it to set the spool ready.

Got the good camera out and recorder a bit

There's some imperfections on the fan top holder (this it's for um2 hotend on umo) because I actually forgot to measure the filament. It's a consistent 1.71-1.72 So I just changed the flow to 103 to balance the ratio. So far it's printing amazing, much better than ngen by a mile.

I'm testing 210-220C at 60-70mm/s 0.4 nozzle 60C bed with my windowwasher + one very very short puff of hairspray to clean the bed. So far, fan it's been at 160 (that it's like a 30% of normal fans) and there's no sign of any warping. I'm waiting for layer 193 when the big bridges start. But so far, amazing look/fell. And it's 100% bio, resist 110-120C and it's matte! Can't wait to start doing keychains with this color. Very promising.

Oh also, bioFila PlaTec costs 49,90€ for 600gr. This Extrudr Green-TEC Black costs 56€ for a full kilo. And they have a few more colors. Can't wait to test their white-pearl one. Specially since I know now how matte it's. It will do some nice stuff. Oh also, it has european FDA for food contact.
Neotko
Reactions:

Re: Extrudr PLA Tec Black

Post by Neotko »

Dim3nsioneer
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original, 2, 2+, 2 Ext+, 3, S5, Form 2

Post by Dim3nsioneer »

Overhang behavior?

btw: With an improved cooling as you have the difference between different materials gets smaller.
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

Bridge

Not bad at all. Specially since I think I'm printing 10-20C over. The bridge needs a bit more flow and a bit more grip area (settings on s3d).

So far it's as easy as pla and looks amazing. Also 1:30 and zero bed warp. For first test at 60-70mm/s 0.2 layer fast print I think it's amazing.
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

True my fans are quite good at cooling but with ngen I got a muuuch worse bridge. Also this one doesn't smell at all.

I was really worried about the bed warp since everywhere I see they recommend carbon plate or blue tape as bettet than hotbed.
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

Ohh the felling at touching it it's nothig like faber/colorfabb. So sexy! This would make a fantastic finish for a car/rc :O
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

Overhangs are pretty much like any pla. It goes up on the corners and needs cooling. Btw I used e3d nozzle not the ruby.
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

Oh also. It has one weird think, probably because the temp. The filament can get slightly dragged by the nozzle, like carbon, but it doesn't stick to the nozzle. Problem it's that it has made a few gaps on one side, on the video it can be seen a bit when it does the combing move. I forgot that I had that think on too late.
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

Weird effect on the side touching the plate. I think the hairspray mix might react with it.

Also. Sanding it works pretty much like pla. It goes grey, but 'sexy' it could do a nice old effect.

Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

Next test. One of my shop keychains. Without touching settings.

First top layer very neat.

Wow second top layer it's already gap-less...

It should do better overhangs. Since its cold temp it's higher, it gets faster to its glass state... M
Amedee
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO / UMO+

Post by Amedee »

Looks nice -- thanks for the review!
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

Well the keychain did print perfect, weird enough I didn't touch any setting or flow.

Also, I cleaned with window washer but without hairspray puff. So the print come lose perfect at 35C but all the corners did show some minor warping so it indeed need's
a) more heat? Probably for larger prints it needs either hairspray or a carbonplate/bluetape
b) hairspray puff, but that generates white areas. It might be interesting to experiment with isopropil + glue + heat, since that's what it's making the white effect. The second print without the hairspray didn't show any discoloring. I'll need to check what chemichals has this hairspray.

Everything else on the print went perfect. The touch it's like rubber. After sanding the exterior to give an old-effect it does look great, specially since I did a very very fast sanding with a flexible sandpaper. So this effect was 2minutes processing. I can get this effect on black pla, but it does need more time.

drayson
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO with mods :-)

Post by drayson »

Thanks for your insights!
Ordered now a roll in silver to print one of 3dprintlabs printable planes - the Edge 540... we will see....
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

To avoid adhesion issues try this method

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/3320 ... -hairspray
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Post by nilrog »

Bed adhesion is my biggest problem with greentec...I either get too little or too much. With hairspray (the one I have) it comes of easily when cooled down...but it warps in corners/edges, even with brim...although the brim still sticks. It doesn't warp so much usually...but with the glossy finish you can easily spot it. With gluestick warping is pretty much gone...but it sticks like h*ll when cooled down.

I also tend to get warping on long overhangs on top of support so I probably need to adjust temperature and cooling. Right now I have tried with fans sort of equaling UM2+...but also higher fans...since i'm using gudo's centrifugal fanduct.

Return to “Special brand filaments”