Nylon X Carbon Fiber Filament

Discussion of brand name filaments (ColorFabb Brand, NinjaFlex, Taulman, etc.)
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Nylon X Carbon Fiber Filament

Post by LePaul »

Just got an email alert from Matterhackers about this stuff...

https://www.matterhackers.com/store/3d- ... lament-3mm

Tough Jobs Demand the Toughest Material
NylonX is an engineering grade nylon filament which is blended with chopped carbon fibers (approximately 20% by weight), creating a high-strength filament capable of printing tough, functional parts.

NylonX is the perfect blend of strength and durability; If you are already printing with nylon it's time to upgrade. Nylon X printed components create a fantastic matte finish with no post processing at all. The high precision of this filament makes it a potential replacement for aluminum using 3D printing instead of CNC milling. Nylon X is the simple answer for anyone in need of robust, high quality prints. Time to make the upgrade.

Rigidity with a stunning finish

Warp Less, Print More
The best part of NylonX is that the carbon fiber adds stability and rigidity, so parts are much less likely to warp than with standard nylon. This means that printing with NylonX is actually easier than printing with traditional Nylon while providing parts that are durable, like nylon, but stiff from the carbon fiber. Additionally, less warping means you can enjoy more accurate printed parts with fewer failed prints.

Created for Every Maker
Nylon X is the perfect material for makers ready to transition into something outside the commonly used PLA and ABS. Don't let nylon intimidate you! This material is designed to provide strength, durability, and ease for hobbyists and engineers alike. If you are already printing with nylon, give NylonX a try - it will soon be your new favorite.

NylonX creates ready-to-use functional parts with micro-carbon reinforced nylon

From Printer to Production
With a unique matte black finish, NylonX eliminates post-print processing. Finished prints can immediately be moved to production with no sanding, polishing, scraping, or pesky acetone vapor baths. Save time (and patience) with the print-and-go ease of NylonX.

Nylon X Carbon Fiber Filament - 3.00mm (0.5kg)

Printing Recommendations
Print temperature: 250-265°C
Print speed: 25mm/s - 80mm/s
Bed temperature: 60-65°C with PVA glue stick
Nozzle: Steel or other hardened nozzle type
Important: Like all nylons, NylonX must be kept dry. It will readily absorb moisture from the air. You can dry it out by baking it in an oven at 180F for 4-6 hours. For more information about printing with NylonX, check out these Tips and Tricks.
Neotko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+ x2.5

Re: Nylon X Carbon Fiber Filament

Post by Neotko »

Carbon with nylon seems nice. Saw some on a tradeshow and looks and feels nice. But I don't like nylon water absorsion rate. And nylon with carbon that doesn't get water it's almost 3 times more expensive.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I was thinking that nylon has nice bridging capabilities where as XTCF-20 was outright horrible to deal with

You're right about the absorption rate....certainly not a filament I'd leaving sitting on the spool after the print is done!

I'd love to get a spool and try it out with Anders' nozzle
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Post by nilrog »

Anyone knows if NylonX is available from any European reseller?
nilrog
Reactions:

Post by nilrog »

Got a reply from MatterHackers...you can only buy it from them...which means import taxes for us in Europe 😕
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

What's nylon X and why is special?

You want carbon and nylon? The only brand that isn't hydro sensitive cost 100€ kilo or more. All the other brands are just a pain in the arse. There's one very good from italy fiberforce, they also make the best (imo) wood filament.
Izzy
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by Izzy »

Have you tried Filamentum Nylon CF15?
nilrog
Reactions:

Post by nilrog »

NylonX is just MatterHackers brand name for Nylon+CF. And it's probably similar to most other Nylon+CF filaments, with the exception of the expensive ones.

The reason I'm interested in NylonX is that in the #OpenRC world it seems that it is very sturdy.

Right now I don't have any need for it...but I'm curious to try it :)
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

I would drop a mail to fiberforce italy, I seen their trat live in amsterdam when UM took us there and it was quite nice. Also Nicolinux bought a spool and he might share some knowhow. My experience with that company is that their wood filament really lives to the hype, is just gorgeous (but I buy it to eumakers that they just rebrand it).

Return to “Special brand filaments”