PrusaSlicer

Let's talk about the slicers, CAD and other software you use for your prints
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

PrusaSlicer

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Decided to print a pre-sliced model G-Code from Prusa Printers.
It printed perfectly. Now I need to go through the Modifier meshes tutorial to see how I can do this myself.

Printed On MY Hictop 3D12
Landing Pad.jpg
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Re: PrusaSlicer

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Another reason to start using PrusaSlicer

When slicing this Tablet Holder it would require a print time of 7 hours 19minutes to print model.
Slicing with a 0.24mm the print has a stair stepped ledge in the area painted green.
Tablet Holder.jpg
Using PrusaSlicer this area is used as a modifier where I can change the layer height to .06mm in the green area.
Thereby changing the print time to 3 hours 20 minutes. With a print model that looks much smoother and quite nice.
Laptop Holder.jpg
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Re: PrusaSlicer

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Have a question that was asked of me an have no way to answer, will post here to see if any of you have an answer
So, I just learned a thing....

I have a 3MF file that was sliced on Bambu Slicer. I went to open it on Prusa Slicer and it won't open. So I downloaded Bambu Slicer and it opens beautifully with all the colour painting done. If I then save it as "generic" 3MF, I can open it on Prusa Slicer, but it opens the same as an STL, with no colour changes.

Does anyone know a way to "convert" the 3MF between slicers and keep the colour changes intact?

Return to “Slicers and CAD Software”