Cura 3.6.0

Discussion of Ultimaker's open-source Cura software
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Cura 3.6.0

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Off the subject of USB bottlenecks with OctoPrint?

I have never really used OctoPrint to actually do many 3D Prints, thou have tested to see that the plugins work with test prints.
Have tested the new versions Cura and that they allow for connections to Octoprint. However they will not allow for two API keys.

Thus the new versions of Cura were useless to me, if I cannot store my two API keys for my two 3D Printers.
I remember using the older version of Cura printing with two instances of Cura on both 3D Printers
This did work originally in Cura 2.x.x and when I upgraded to the next version level it stopped and has not worked sense.

Until Cura 3.6.0 having to be manually configured as they did not auto-update from previous version configurations.
And had to manually install OctoPrint. When connect to OctoPrint would not except the API code from Octoprint.
Clicked on Request and it gave me a strange code for the API that I cannot find anyplace for the first 3DPrinter.
The second however was given the code that is easily found in Octoprint API tab.

Oh Well! Guess it does not matter so long as both 3D Printers are finally working now from Cura 3.6.0.

Now I need to manually copy all my settings to the new version of Cura 3.6.0 so it will print in Lieu of the older versions.
Finally can get rid of all the older versions of Cura except 15.04.6
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Re: Cura 3.6.0

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I have two prints with Cura 3.6.0. something is wrong the print is moving so slow I though my printers were trying to UN-printing the model.
Speed on Printer LCD set to 280 looks like it is printing at 70 when using Cura 15.04.6

@LePaul , @GrueMaster How do I setup Cura 3.6.0 to Print as Fast as Cura 15.04.6
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

@Roberts_Clif You need to make the Print Speed settings visible in the Preferences. From there, you can change the actual values. On my 3DP-17, it defaults to 60mm/s. I haven't honestly done any speed tests, or really much of anything with my 3DP-17 in several months.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I enabled the Print speed commands all of them everything seems to be in order.

Printed a few items using Cura 15.04.6 that I needed quickly.

Then Printed a sample using Cura 3.6.0 so I could get an ideal of what needed to be calibrated.
Funny thing is, it worked correctly this time. So I will duplicate this working .28 layer height profile and use to to recreate the others...
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

They've changed it a lot...I just installed it on my new laptop and didn't have the layer view slider....turns out, auto slicing is off by default, so no view til you slice!

And I had it generate a gcode with a big gap in the middle. Not much fun!
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

As for multiple printers with the Octoprint API...I'll have to test that. I have 5 Octoprints running and my biggest challenge is create Cura profiles for my non-Ultimaker printers.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I posted the problem I was having with Cura but did not get a solution.
Its been long enough ago I can not recall all the details, Went to Ultimaker to Login but It locked me out for 10 minutes.
Will Try again in 10 Minutes
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

OK!

Had to redo my password on Ultimaker forum. Was having two problems with Cura 3.2 Beta the OctoPrint Plugin would not except two API keys
And the Build plate would jump into my Model, Before I was using a completely working Cura 2.6.2

https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/2 ... ent-197925
My Post on the Subject
http://www.3dprintingforum.us/viewtopic ... API#p11621

Does not matter now because the New Cura 3.6.0 works after some stress manually rebuilding all layer Profiles.
With the complete starting from scratch of configuration of the Newest Cura 3.6.0.

Not so bad though - been through this so many times learned all short cuts making the job a little simpler this time around...
After a complete test of most used profiles will post.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

OK have a problem Cura 3.6.0

Let me setup the scenario I have Cura 3.6.0 Running. When I click on View toggle Full screen.
All the drop down menu items disappear. You can see this in the First image I am highlighting View.

I have Dual Monitors, When I do a Screen capture I get both displays.
Now for the Second Picture I was going to record this so I could show to get help.
As you can see in the second image, I have my OBS Studio Screen capture running on the left.
On the right I have the same Screen capture of Cura 3.6.0.
As you can see both show the View drop down, So why when I am looking at the screen or take a camera I cannot see the drop down.

Taken with a camera
IMG_2129.JPG
Screen Capture
Image1.jpg
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I think that's an old known issue with multiple monitors....although I run three and never have had that happen

Hopefully you get a response
GrueMaster
Reactions:

Post by GrueMaster »

@Roberts_Clif What OS are you running? I'll see if I can reproduce this on one of my dual monitor systems.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I am running windows 7 Pro. This is the first time I have seen the menu Item Toggle Full Screen under the View drop down.

So I went back and reloaded
Cura 3.2.1 No View Full Screen
Cura 3.4.0 No View Full Screen
Cura 3.5.1 No View Full Screen
As these are the most recent Cura versions I still have on archival file.

I have found that if you toggle Full Screen, if the drop downs disappear F11 will return you to the original view.
I will play with it more to see if it can be fixed. Now will install Cura 4.0.0.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I've seen complaints about 4.0 wasting a lot of real estate in that full screen view
GrueMaster
Reactions:

Post by GrueMaster »

Must be a Windows issue, as I just tested 3.6 & 4.0 beta full screen on a 3 monitor setup running Ubuntu 18.04. Went full on one monitor with menus just fine.

I agree with the real estate assessment. Having that big toolbar on the top instead of on the side is not good, especially given 99% of printers have a fixed footprint and go vertical (including Ultimaker printers). Having to zoom out just to see the top of a model isn't preferable. Note that this is a 5 minute quick assessment with a brief check to see if there was a way to change it. I don't have time to do a full in-depth review.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Had not thought about that wow it does, I heard "real estate" and thought to myself put Cura 4.0.0 on the smaller "real estate" Screen.

Thanks for the ideal, when Cura 4.0.0 is placed on the smaller monitor is does not create the disappearing drop downs.
I Forced Cura on the smaller monitor 1366 x 768 as there is not enough room to fit without shrinking the Cura Screen.
"fit screen"
Last edited by Roberts_Clif on January 15th, 2019, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Cura”