Simplify3D vs Cura comparison

Discussion about Simplify 3D software
Izzy
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Re: Simplify3D vs Cura comparison

Post by Izzy »

Right hand side 2nd and 4th buttons, or double click the part and you get the menu and you can input your numbers etc, you can even scale :lol:
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I see that...but for more complicated parts, I just really prefer the GUI/being able to use the mouse to move it

I wish there was an UMO HBK profile :)
Neotko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+ x2.5

Post by Neotko »

Really the basic profiles of s3d for any ultimaker are pure crapppp. The best think to start it's copy the settings from a normal wuality of old cura into s3d ad from there start to tune up and learn the gazillion settings
Izzy
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by Izzy »

Not being into the programing GCode side I started with the S3d settings and tweeked from there and found it ok, still an improvement on the print quality.
I like the machine control panel just wish it would show the actual Z height or level.
jonnybischof
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO

Post by jonnybischof »

Thanks for the awesome writeup!

I totally <3 the "tool change script" feature.
It looks like S3D has everything you could ever want (unless you want that super-easy to use cause no features Cura).
And frankly, if you're using a software for a month or two, you will get used to any quirky interface. That argument may be a concern when you do your first steps with it, but after a while you won't even remember that you were used to a different UI..

Btw I don't know the new Cura. Still using the old one and missing many features, but it's usually okay enough.

Return to “Simplify 3D”