Hole gaps

Discussion about Simplify 3D software
Neotko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+ x2.5

Re: Hole gaps

Post by Neotko »

That's a bit weird. Or there's a bowden friction, or the cura profile that you used that doesn't do this orints slower. Less perimeters will help, but I also see a problem on how homogeneous the top layer is being printed, and there are gaps between the extrusion lines. Or at least that's what it looks like on the photo. I would blame the bowden angle increasing the pressure, but not sure. Also, while improbable the short belts might have loose tension. Or just maybe is been a long time aince you did a good atomic and particles along hotend/nozzle are increasing the pressure making it harder to keep a constant extrusion. Ofc, also, maybe the filament isn't a perfect 2.85. As you can guess, there are a gazillion things that can go wrong, that why I worked so hard on my printers removing all the possible things that can go wrong. Also imo, for that print, if there are gaps at 3 perimeters is weird, I never use more than 25% infill overlap unless the surface has lots of small areas, if ao I raise to 30 tops or lower nozzle up to 0.33 and increase the infill extrusion to keep the speed, but ofc playing with different and constant changes on the mm2 can (and does) have side effects.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

It did a good job on my cat print recently...something with a lot of complicated stuff.
IMG_6487.JPG
So that showed me...wow.....S3D could really do some impressive work. There was supports all around those tufts of fur that came off super easy Cura would've been a nightmare

Cura botched this one (I posted in the Beta area)...combing off might be the fix. Lot's of combing marks and the nozzle dragging/grinding sucked

I might try one more time with S3D with the lower perimeter. Is the lowering of the nozzle width something most do in S3D?
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Here's the results of nozzle back to .35, 4 perimeters and Outline Overlap at 50%
IMG_6639.JPG
IMG_6640.JPG
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Since I was working from home I tried another one with 30% overlap. Gaps came back
IMG_6650.JPG
I'm trying one with Cura, I lowered the perimeters to 0.8 and Combing is off. That increased the time from 7.8 hours to over 10! But I am really interested to nail down how to best print pieces like this
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

And you didn't adjust the temperature? I mean, it uses two different temps, for layer 1 and layer 2-5. Did you readjust all the temps when adjusting parameters? The thing you said on the last post make's me thing that you just need more temperature to compensate for the speed/layer mm2.
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

Also, when you change from one color to other, the settings might need readjust. You can try the Ultiarjan print test https://www.youmagine.com/designs/quick ... ament-test to find the temperature ratio.

Also, are you sure you didn't change anything on the FFF? I don't want a link to the original profile, but the one you are using with any change you did. Anyone, I see that from previous prints, you should by now try to always adjust speed/mm2/heat is mandatory and it changes sometimes from color on the same brand. Specially if you want everything perfect.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I can give you that, sure

The first layer goes on at 220, the rest at 215
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Here's the one I have been using

I'm going to do an Atomic now that I am finished using Colorfabb Green for a while
Paul-Frederiek-UM2+MEDIUM.zip
(3.17 KiB) Downloaded 539 times
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

Men I think I can't help. The issue I think is on the temp vs speed. And I don't use 2.85mm nor a um2+ feeder, so I think you just need to make small prints (like I always say) to test the issue (save material, learn to adjust temp/speed). I think you just need 5-10C more of temperature, but not sure.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

How'd the profile look to you? Spot any glaring issues?
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

Very busy with lots to do. But you did the arjan print test? Is a good thing to debug the correct temp/speed/filament
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I figured I would start with the 20mm calibration cube

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/xyz-2 ... ation-cube
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

That's for steps / mm... That doesn't help with that. If your belts are tight (specially short ones) that won't debug anything except ringing. Ultiarjan test is for temp/speed
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

What's the pro and cons of Coast at End being off/on?

Return to “Simplify 3D”