Working with supports

Have a print that has problems? Need some feedback? Post it here.
donna
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Tronxy XY

Working with supports

Post by donna »

Hi,

I need help with my support settings.
I'm using a Tronxy XY printer and Repetier (Slic3r) slicer.
I attached a screen shot of my support settings.

I often find myself with a model that needs support, but what the software generates is almost impossible to completely remove.

I attached pics of a Barbie bunk bed. In some places the supports are like posts that are easily removed. (most of those are already removed before I took the pic) In other places, the supports are large solid pieces that are strong and hard to break loose. The rails of the model break before the supports do.

The other pics shows another model. There is a partial curved wall on each side. The model prints flat on it's back. The one side supports are the thin posts that hold up well and are easy to remove. The other side support is an almost solid wall. In the pics, it didn't stick to the bed, but this is my 4th try and even when it does stick that side does not print properly.
You can see in the screen shots how the supports look in the slicer. It doesn't matter if I rotate the part on the bed - the thick supports stay on the same side - not rotating with the part.
Anyone know why different supports are created in different locations and if there is a way to control this?
Thanks
Donna
Attachments
20200814_171657.jpg
20200814_171639.jpg
20200808_070954.jpg
20200808_070940.jpg
supports2.jpg
supports1.jpg
support settings.jpg

Return to “Help me fix this print!”