Newbie here can’t get to print anything right.

Have a print that has problems? Need some feedback? Post it here.
Mono98
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Anycubic Photon

Newbie here can’t get to print anything right.

Post by Mono98 »

:-x ok... sooo... I really want to get into resin printing (already on FDM) but I am about to throw the towel. I got the Elegoo mars and after many prints never got any right, always sticking to the FEP. After many tries unfortunately I returned it and got the photon. (Thinking it may be defective) but Same problem. I’m wasting a lot of money on the overpriced FEP. Not even the test prints. (Test prints does not stick but don’t come out right) And yes. The plate is well tightened and I believe the Z axis is well set. Also is on a sturdy cabinet. Watched many YouTube videos and I’m doing everything “right”. Or not, but I can’t find the answer please someone help me 😑 is this resin printing that complicated? Thanks all 👍🏼👍🏼
Attachments
AC353BED-A9B3-46B0-95E9-7F296F9BD419.jpeg
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Re: Newbie here can’t get to print anything right.

Post by Lez0 »

The part you are trying to print is very particular as it's very thin.
I had a few bad prints to start with but got my photon working.
It is different to FDM, you just need to know a few rules.
It the built plate level and set correctly.
Is the print orientated correctly for resin printing.
Are the setting for the resin correct, I had to increase the exposure time for the base layers a bit.
Below is a list of resins and setting.

I was having trouble with a Anycubic Maroon (red), it's a difficult one to use.
I now use Elegoo LCD ABS-like resin.
When I got a few good prints and found the correct set-up I have not had any problems, I've done 100's of prints.

Try something easy to start with, then build on that.
I use PrusaSlicer for orientation and supports and Chitubox for slicing. The software with the Photon is a bit basic, but it works.

I hope this helps.
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Post by Lez0 »

The picture is supposed to be a link:http
://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1crvzMnt_8NJXAsABinoIhcOjE8l3h7s0L82Zlh1vkL8/htmlview#
Mono98
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Anycubic Photon

Post by Mono98 »

Thanks a lot! I will try those settings :-D
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I've asked a friend who has this model printer to chime in .... hopefully he can offer some advice too
eight_heads
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Multiple FDM and Resin

Post by eight_heads »

Mono98 wrote: August 29th, 2020, 10:22 am :-x ok... sooo... I really want to get into resin printing (already on FDM) but I am about to throw the towel. I got the Elegoo mars and after many prints never got any right, always sticking to the FEP. After many tries unfortunately I returned it and got the photon. (Thinking it may be defective) but Same problem. I’m wasting a lot of money on the overpriced FEP. Not even the test prints. (Test prints does not stick but don’t come out right) And yes. The plate is well tightened and I believe the Z axis is well set. Also is on a sturdy cabinet. Watched many YouTube videos and I’m doing everything “right”. Or not, but I can’t find the answer please someone help me 😑 is this resin printing that complicated? Thanks all 👍🏼👍🏼
To start off what resin are you using and what settings? Is this the included pre-sliced test file or one you sliced yourself. Prints not sticking to the build plate is often due to not enough cure time or bad bed level/Z-height. Prints failing like your picture are often due to not enough cure time on standard layers, resin/ambient temp too cool, or lifting speed too fast. More information to start will help.

Return to “Help me fix this print!”