How do I make print in place machines work?

Have a print that has problems? Need some feedback? Post it here.
donna
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Tronxy XY

How do I make print in place machines work?

Post by donna »

So, what's the deal with the print in place machines. When I first got my printer one of the first things I wanted to do was the adjustable wrench that blew our minds in the online video about 20 years ago. I found the model online and started. I don't even know how many times I tried. I followed all the advice I could find for printing it - scaled it up - printed with ABS - etc, over and over. In the end, I almost got it. I got down to one support that I could not remove no matter what I did and finally gave up. The other day I came across this model. It's supposed to be a benchmark for print in place moveable models.I've tried 3 prints - getting progressively larger and with cooler nozzle temps to try to get it to work. They are frozen in place - break before they move.I'm using a Tronxy XY and Repetier (Slice3r) slicer. I used 0,2 layer height which is what the creater suggested with no supports. The last one is 1.5 scale with nozzle temp of 210, which is low for me. Has anyone had any success with any of these or is there another model that is better? Do I just have a crappy machine or is something wrong with the model or is it my settings? Everything is default except for the layer height. I don't have any problem printing articulated models. I've done a butterfly, dragonfly, dog and shark that break loose and move fairly easily.
Attachments
20200901_092407.jpg
20200901_091948.jpg

Return to “Help me fix this print!”