Printing problems.

Have a print that has problems? Need some feedback? Post it here.
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Printing problems.

Post by Lez0 »

I just thought you may like to hear my problems
I have had my JGaurora for almost 2 years now and I have done 100's of prints. I only use Sunlu PLA. I like to stick with the same brand as I trust it.
I use the printer for making prototype for my work and this around the house etc. At times the printer is going for days non-stop with work prints, so it needs to work with as little problems as possible. That's the background.
The other day after some long prints I wanted to do a hammer shaft, don't ask! Simple print, so I changed the filament as I wanted to use up some old smaller reels. The filament wasn't sticking to the bed and the print look awful, so I aborted the print cleaned the bad, leveled it and started again, same thing! . Changed the reel, same thing. I tried about 6 time to get a print started with no success. Checked the flow, it seems OK but it didn't look right. Took the nozzle off and it seemed a bit dirty so I changed it.
What a difference. It printed a nice clean print and no problems. Here I was thinking the old partly used reels were no good and it turns out to be the nozzle even though it showed no sign of a blockage.

If your having problems printing try changing the nozzle.

Lez
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: Printing problems.

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Just posted the the last day of November about a similar problem. I took the nozzle off cooked it to Red hot cleaned the debris / dust away.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2185&p=18648#p18648

Have had virtually no problem then Poof nothing but problems after changing filament roll after roll of filament the same problems.
Was about this close to throwing all the tested filament out then remembered the PTFE tubing in the Hot-end throat.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

How interesting

I've never really seen a real "schedule" of when nozzles should be changed out.

I generally swap them out annually or if an issue like yours comes up. I mean, at $7.50 for a Geniune E3D nozzle (which is what I use on most of the machines), it's cheap!

How do you like the JGAurora A5?

A gentleman locally was looking to sell his and when I YouTube'd some reviews, they weren't very flattering, so I passed on it
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I purchased some E3D J-head structure, 1.75mm filament Nozzles 3pk for $6.36
If they last the same length of time as the ones I posted about then I will be happy.
s-l1600.jpg
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

That's a very good deal
Lez0
Reactions:

Post by Lez0 »

Hi LePaul
I had a Folger FT5 before the JGAurora A5S. The Folger was a good learning curve.
I like the A5S, I bought it through Banggood.com. I level the bed about every 10 or 20 prints, which is easy as it has a simple menu option to help you.
The filament out switch has proved invaluable on large prints, I have done a few that last a couple of days. Now I have to pause the printer during the night as the wife says she can't sleep with it printing, it's starting to get a bit noisy as the bearing are getting old and probably a bit dirty. I have new one to fit but I haven't had the time to change them yet. If I pause the print and restart it 9 or 10 hours later you can't tell on the print.
It also can restart during a print after a power cut. I only tried this once and it worked.
They have a good video on assembly, it only took a few minutes to assemble, a bit different to the Folger.
Problems: The touch scene stopped working after a couple of weeks, JGAuora help was very good and talked me through the problem. It was a connection that wasn't fully seated correctly, an easy fix.
Bed, it worked OK but started to get a bit marked and I found PETG wasn't sticking very well so I changed it for glass and a vinyl cover. I can easy change it back.
General printing problems turned out to be an SD card, reformatted and problem solved.
I'm on my 3rd nozzle due to blockages.
Feeding the filament from the front is a little fiddly as to feed in on the back of the machine and I have it placed where I can't see it very well.

As you can see for a printer that has been used a lot for 2 years doing some large prints I have had very little problems with it.
I think if I was changing the type of filament a lot I would probably change the position of the feed stepper motor so it was direct feed, other than that it's only the bed that's been changed.
I may have a good one but I would recommend then. They have a large following on Facebook that I only looked at for the first couple of months.

Les
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

That's good to hear.

Is it not equipped with silent drivers? I've been amazed how wonderful 2208/2209 drivers are!

As to the SD Card....I've made it a point to stock up on brand name SanDisk cards at Best Buy or Amaon whenever I have an order shipping. The free ones that come with the imported printers are cheap copies and just prone to failure.....usually at the worst time
Lez0
Reactions:

Post by Lez0 »

The Printer is not too noisy, but it sits in the garage on a shelf that is attached to the wall right next to the bedroom so the sound is a bit amplified.
Yes I agree about the memory cards that come with the printer. I use a Kingston one, but it gets used a lot so I suppose it needs changing from time to time.
About the drivers:
Under the hood of the A5S is a new 32-bit mainboard powering Allegro A5984 silent stepper motor drivers which offer 32x micro stepping and several safety features including thermal runaway protection. This update allows the printer to achieve faster processing speeds and lower power consumption.
Les
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Quiet drivers that are still too noisy? =)
Lez0
Reactions:

Post by Lez0 »

It more to do with where it is working. It in a wooden cabinet that echos the noise. When I had it in my office it was quiet.
But 2 years of use with little maintenance hasn't done much to keep it quiet. You should hear the extruder fan when it's first turned on, such a racket, then is gradually settles down to a quiet hum.
I checked the noise level on the last print, it's 60db, not too bad.
It's due for the bearing to be replaced and a good clean and oil. The bearing have been sitting in the draw for months now, I'll probably change them next spring when it get warmer.
I really should be ashamed of myself. as I'm an engineer I know better.
Les

Return to “Help me fix this print!”