PROBLEM PRINTING NEMESIS ENGINES ON ELEGOO MARS PRO

Have a print that has problems? Need some feedback? Post it here.
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Re: PROBLEM PRINTING NEMESIS ENGINES ON ELEGOO MARS PRO

Post by Lez0 »

The Resin printers have a small footprint so you don't need a lot of space.
I would recommend getting one with a hinged top otherwise you have to have a place to put top that you have taken off.
I have a plastic tray, the size you use for meals, where I keep the cleaning alcohol in a couple to plastic containers. The tray keeps everything in one place and it's easy to clean.
I have an Anycubic Photon (not the S). It has a good following and is very popular, but there are other makes that are probably just as good.
There is now the Anycubic mono X which is a lot bigger. I'll will be getting one when I have saved up.
I use Eligoo resin for normal prints and siraya blu for stronger prints as it's so strong.
I have just bought 2 resin vats for different resins, they are not expensive and are worth getting if you use more than one resin.
I found the detail of these prints is far and beyond anything that you can get from a FDM printer. I only use my FDM printer for the larger prints now that won't fit on the Photon.
Oh and having sunshine is a help to cure the parts otherwise you will need to get something to cure them. Even in winter here in Spain there is enough sunlight to cure the prints.

My thoughts

Lez
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I'd like to veer away from Anycubic. I have an Anycubic Chiron and the poor quality components in that have no impressed me (many have posted images of bed wires catching fire)
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Post by Lez0 »

Hi Paul
I don't know the Chiron printer but the Photon seems to be good build quality, perhaps I got an early one. From what I've seen on Facebook there are a lot out there and they seem to work OK.
I am not trying to change your mind, it's just my point of view.
I am sure you will do your homework and get the one best suited to your needs.
As you seem to have an influence with manufactures could you get a large one, a Photon Mono X or Elegoo Saturn or similar to review, I'd like to see what you think. ;-)

Lez
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Me? Influence? Ha ha, I wish....but I am flattered =)

I've been speaking to Anycubic about my Chiron concerns. We'll see

Return to “Help me fix this print!”