Large Lego man

Show us your latest print!
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Large Lego man

Post by Lez0 »

I was hoping to get this printed in time for Christmas, but the printer went down and I have only recently got it running again.
This is twice the size as a Lego man. I am pleased how it's turned out. It's for my 4 year old grandson Max.
I had to have 2 goes at it as I made the model with clearance at the correct scale, when scaled up everything was too slack.
You sometimes have to do things for enjoyment.

Lez
Attachments
2019-01-09 12.28.49.jpg
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: Large Lego man

Post by GrueMaster »

Looks great!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Good result for sure!
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Post by Lez0 »

Hi GrueMaster & LePaul thanks.

I am pleased how it worked out.
I made the models so I didn't have to use supports, the only part that had supports was the Hips.
I printed at 40mm/sec at 0.1mm steps. The Folger FT5 doesn't have nozzle cooling, I had the bed at 60°C for the first layer then dropped it back to 40°C. I don't know if it helped the quality, probably a little bit.
I am going to give the files to a local lad of 10years old that has recently got a 3D printer. I can't remember the make but it's like the Prusa i3 but with bells whistles and cover etc so it's easier to use. He has printed the usual phone cover etc so I though I this would be a good next step, to get a model he has to assemble and do a bit of fitting.

Lez

Return to “Show off your latest print”