New card holder for my dentist's office

Show us your latest print!
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

New card holder for my dentist's office

Post by GrueMaster »

Finally, I managed to do a decent print of the Tooth Business Card Holder without having it turn into a complete meltdown.
tooth1.jpg
tooth2.jpg
I gave it to the receptionist at our local OnSite Dentist (they have a semi trailer parked in the parking lot with full hookup and slideouts for the hallway connecting the reception area to the exam rooms). She thought it was very cool and tossed their cheap plastic card holder in a drawer before getting busy filling this one. After my cleaning, I went back to the reception area to pay my portion of the bill and go over the plan to take care of some cavities. She was explaining some of the codes, saying 'this code means it is along the gum line' and started using the tooth on the card holder as a visual aid before catching herself and realizing that this was also very useful in that regard (she used to use her fist to represent a tooth). It was all very comical. The dentist stopped working on another patient to see what was up, and she immediately fell in love with it as well.

Not bad for only .1mm layer height (I could have done .04, but it would have taken ~38 hours - this one took 8 hours).
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: New card holder for my dentist's office

Post by LePaul »

But did that get you out of that cavity you need fixed? :)

Seriously nice print
Izzy
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Re: New card holder for my dentist's office

Post by Izzy »

Nice print, should have a cavity hole in it for a pen holder. :mrgreen:

Return to “Show off your latest print”