How to Attach Photos

Have a suggestion for the forum? Requests? Please share
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: How to Attach Photos

Post by LePaul »

I'm leaving the 5mb setting in place, so no worries there.

Chip, I don't know what to tell you. 99% of pictures uploaded work fine. If you have to resize or the like, I apologize. At the moment I seem to be chasing a bug that affects 2 people. I'll update as soon as I make some progress on it.
reibuehl
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by reibuehl »

Also, if there are issues with some few pictures, there is always the possibility to store them somewhere else (Dropbox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive, Flickr, etc.) and then just embed them via their direct URL there.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

That's a great suggestion. I wish I knew why attachments were being odd for a few pictures...but so far the answer hasn't been easy
martin-bienz
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original, prusa i3 mk2

Post by martin-bienz »

can you add / activate an upload "plugin" if there is one and see if that works better? Could also be a method of ruling other settings (host limits, dns issues, etc.) out.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

martin,

The alternatives do not work well in the mobile viewing

So the options are...

1) Resize picture
2) Link picture to free host
3) Paul spends countless hours trying to figure out why 2 people can't attach huge pictures when they could use options 1 and 2. Also, Paul is very busy, makes no money doing this and has everyone asking for additional mods and changes :) :)
martin-bienz
Reactions:

Post by martin-bienz »

LePaul wrote: 1) Resize picture
2) Link picture to free host
3) Paul spends countless hours trying to figure out why 2 people can't attach huge pictures when they could use options 1 and 2. Also, Paul is very busy, makes no money doing this and has everyone asking for additional mods and changes :) :)
Yeah sure, I was only trying to find a solution :), I can live with 1), 2) and also 3) hehe ;) no problem.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I'm trying to make sure whatever I try to alter doesn't break what works...and then any alternatives break the convenience of mobile viewing (which I like a lot on my iPhone 6)

There's a few nice mods/extensions in development, like a much improved WYSIWYG editor I would love to try....but I am going to wait until it is out of beta and approved :)
martin-bienz
Reactions:

Post by martin-bienz »

LePaul wrote:I'm trying to make sure whatever I try to alter doesn't break what works...and then any alternatives break the convenience of mobile viewing (which I like a lot on my iPhone 6)
Yes, this is one of the reasons why I am here a lot vs. the UM - Forum. It is really cool, also on mobile devices. And fast, and fun! btw: I don't fancy the apple phones but it also works well on a galaxy s 6 with android! :)
LePaul wrote: There's a few nice mods/extensions in development, like a much improved WYSIWYG editor I would love to try....but I am going to wait until it is out of beta and approved :)
Looking forward to that! But as you say, don't overhaul stuff that is essentially working well, speed will probably most likely not enhance using more and more plugins.

Thanks LePaul, great site, great forum. :!:
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Speed should be great, I've optimized our host so we have 4x the memory now and 2x the processing power....which for just a forum is overkill! But I like i that way

Return to “Feedback, suggestions and more”