A Tea between friends :-) How was Your Day

General topics...if a particular user would like their own sub-area, please let me know!
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Re: A Tea between friends :-) How was Your Day

Post by nilrog »

Exactly, you try to put on a thin layer but you end up with piles and strings.
Titus
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original+HBK

Post by Titus »

Anders Olsson wrote:Regarding XT and glass chipping.

I had that problem when printing on clean glass, but after I started applying Tesa Easy Stick glue on the platform the glass has survived.
It appears that the Tesa glue limits the adhesion so that the printed part comes off the grass before it risks chipping.

I always put two layers of glue on a clean platform by the way, and then add one layer before each new print.

The Tesa glue works perfect for almost any material on my printer. In fact, you can even print PLA directly on a cold plate when using the Tesa-glue (!) (Even if I would always prefer a hot plate with no glue for PLA)
I use the same glue, followed by a wet/damp microfiber cloth to spread it out nice and equally.

I did however had chips come off my glass, using PLA.... Absurd. Still need to get a new glass plate somewhere, just haven't been printing for a long while now.
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by ivan.akapulko »

Was very busy last month and a half. Failure of the chiller, training, and as icing on the cake, yesterday's earthquake. Meanwhile, there is good news. Recieve packages with arduino boards, TMC2100 drivers and Igus linear bearings. Hope to start litle upgrade of UM2 on the weekend.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Ok, is it me....but on my iPhone 6, i can't find a way to check/read the Ultimaker forums unless my notification has alerts
nilrog
Reactions:

Post by nilrog »

Nah, their website sucks on mobile. What do you mean by not being able to read it?
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I can't find "Forum" from the menus viewing their website via mobile
nilrog
Reactions:

Post by nilrog »

Me neither...as I wrote...their website sucks...and they do not seem to prioritize fixing it :(

Go to "Community" in the menu and then "Community" again...you are then taken to the "Community" sub-forum and can then navigate to the top-level...ugly workaround...but that's yet another example of how broken their website is.

Fortunately their printers are a lot better than their website :)
nilrog
Reactions:

Post by nilrog »

A tragic day in Stockholm today...had to make a second trip there tonight to pick up my wife who was struggling to get back home as they shut down all trains, busses and subways in the central city :( but fortunately she was no where near the location where it happened.

Sort of took the fun out of finding a package at the door when I came home...some new filaments to play with :) :(

The brown box should be "plug-and-play"...but the red boxes will be interesting to try...I'm hoping that it can be used for an OpenRC project for one of my sons :)
IMG_1203.JPG
Izzy
Reactions:

Post by Izzy »

At least your family is safe.
It is impossible to stop this type of terrorising but they will not win, they are not Muslim or any faith, they are misguided. As long as we keep together and carry on they will lose.
In London the other week a Muslim restaurant opened and provided free food and refreshments for the emergency services and first responders, that is a true Muslim and a friend to the members of his community.
nilrog
Reactions:

Post by nilrog »

So true Izzy! :-)
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Glad all is well
Frederik
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original plus

Post by Frederik »

Hello friends,
I have been inactive here for quite a while, because of job related reasons. Also I noticed I had to setup my notifications properly :)
Hope you are all doing well!
There was not much printing going on, but I got some new multimeters (Fluke 8020B and a NOS Voltcraft / HungChang 6010). Also upgraded the oscilloscope on my workbench with a silent fan and the coffee machine gets a Wifi upgrade to poll the current temperature and do timer startup, or remote startup/shutdown via any communications device on the local network. The latter is more of a spin-off of another project I am working on and built it out of curiosity, because the parts were already at hand.
What’s up with y’all?

Also: @LePaul https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mjsry6yAhk

Regards, Frederik
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Hey guys

I have poor R2-D2 all apart. The foot drives have been upgraded to a two wheel design, both have gears on them, so when powered, both move (4 WD of sorts for a droid). Previous version just have the front wheel powered with a caster wheel or omni ball in the back. This should help with uneven surfaces and rough terrain. Many times, the center foot would jam on something, causing the drive wheels to be lifted slightly, leaving R2 spinning.

I haven't had R2 apart in quite some time, just some touch ups here and there. After many years of droid use at many, many events, now is a good time to inspect how things are holding up. Some of the detail pieces on the ankle and legs have some wiggle in them. I'll un-mount those and re attach them using some Loctite to assure the machine screws haven't worked themselves loose again.

The foot shells were made of steel, for strength, so I'm also checking for corrosion. I cleared coated the insides of the foot shells when they arrived, plus added a few coats of primer after. So far...things look great! The center foot caster wheels are in good shape but the ball bearings are in bad shape. Replacement is easy...buy a new set of 2.5 inch caster wheels at the hardware store, remove the wheels, install mine (rollerblade wheels).

My living room is serving as my droid servicing area...R2 is too large and heavy to get down the stairs into the workshop
R2 Upgrades.jpg
Xeno
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker original enlarged

Post by Xeno »

LePaul wrote:Hey guys

I have poor R2-D2 all apart.
R2 Upgrades.jpg
For god's sake, throw some mud on that R2, it's blinding me :)

Looking good, I miss my R2 buddy.
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:

Post by ivan.akapulko »

LePaul wrote:Hey guys
Paul, pls, make some vids or complete worklog of checking your R2.
How complex to build droid? Any bom and manuals in public?

Return to “General Discussion”