A Tea between friends :-) How was Your Day

General topics...if a particular user would like their own sub-area, please let me know!
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: A Tea between friends :-) How was Your Day

Post by GrueMaster »

Quite the opposite with my 3D Fuel Coffee PLA. Mmmmm, coffee. Bit on the pricey side at $49 for 500g.
FerGazz
Reactions:

Post by FerGazz »

LePaul wrote: November 22nd, 2017, 9:49 am For my Ultimaker I use ColorFabb or Ultimaker brand.
Me either. I also have a PLA Tec from Biofila, awesome material! It holds until 110°C at least.
LePaul wrote: November 22nd, 2017, 9:49 am I haven't noticed any bad odors from any of the PLA filaments I use.
Not bad odors, I'm talking about bad adhesion / bad looking of the PLA/PHA whites comparing to others colors. I heard about it a long time ago in UM forum but I can't find it. On colorfabb site reviews about those colors a couple of UM guys aren't satisfied too.

I'm actually will get 8 spoons not all defined yet:

PLA/PHA

BLUE GREY
RED TRANSPARENT (for Acetona tests, indicated by Cloakfield)
SIGNAL YELLOW
MINT TURQOISE
LILA

Special
STEELFILL / I have a Bronzefill and I love it. This steelfill should be trickier to print but I don't care. Just need an abrasive nozzle to print with without worry.

any other?

I will probably get the "white ones" with Biofila, it's actually natural colour. I wanna test their POWR filament to, looks tough!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I haven't used or tried the wood filled or other specialty filaments

PLA, ColorFabb nGen, ColorFabb XTFC (carbon fiber...really not worth the headache) and Ultimaker Polycarbonate.
jonnybischof
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO

Post by jonnybischof »

White PLA can be tricky. I've had very good ones (Diamond Age - their white is pretty much like any other color PLA), and utterly crappy ones (PLA HT from Orbi-Tech). I'm not sure about Colorfabb white PLA. I think I remember it was one of the not-so-good ones, but I personally don't like the Colorfabb PLA/PHA in general. It has that strange, almost chewing-gum like consistency and prints in a stringy mess compared to my preferred PLAs.
reibuehl
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by reibuehl »

I had really good results with the Material4Print PLA.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Well Christina and I managed to get a great Porg print done...she's anxious to paint it up
porg.jpg
FerGazz
Reactions:

Post by FerGazz »

LePaul wrote: November 24th, 2017, 11:27 am Well Christina and I managed to get a great Porg print done...she's anxious to paint it up
wooow... That looks cool!!
FerGazz
Reactions:

Post by FerGazz »

jonnybischof wrote: November 23rd, 2017, 2:57 am White PLA can be tricky. I've had very good ones (Diamond Age - their white is pretty much like any other color PLA)
Diamond Age is from NZ, right? I saw lot's of people that loves this brand, but I never saw a place that sells them.
It's really hard to find a store or manufecturer that ships to Brazil, because of that I'm restrict to Colorfabb, Biofila and Matterhackers by now.

A couple of years ago I bought from Printed Solid (PLA/PHA, Proto-pasta HT, Bronzefill, Taulmann Bridge and XT) but I went to US to a trip, so... I bring it back with me.
FerGazz
Reactions:

Post by FerGazz »

So... I got those from colorfabb, it was a busy day hehehe
PLA/PHA 2.85mm
SKY BLUE,
BLUE GREY,
MINT TURQOISE,
NGEN RED 2.85

PLA/PHA DUTCH ORANGE 1.75mm
NGEN_FLEX DARK GRAY 1.75
SPECIAL STEELFILL 1.75
NGEN LIGHT BLUE 1.75
GrueMaster
Reactions:

Post by GrueMaster »

I assume your printer can handle the 2.85mm Filament? Kind of an odd size. I thought all filament was either 1.75mm or 3mm.
jonnybischof
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO

Post by jonnybischof »

GrueMaster wrote: November 25th, 2017, 11:39 am I assume your printer can handle the 2.85mm Filament? Kind of an odd size. I thought all filament was either 1.75mm or 3mm.
Actually there are no 3mm 3D-printer-filaments nor printers. "3mm" is often used for 2.85mm which is the actual filament diameter. Don't ask me which joker came up with calling it 3mm..
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

But...be sure to use a caliper and measure it in a few spots. ColorFabb is usually right on...but if you use other sources, it's good to check if it is +/- that
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

What's everyone building these days?
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Post by nilrog »

Haven't got much time to devote to 3D-printing lately...but i'm still trying to finalize an RC Tractor, a small RC bulldozer for Jr and a remixed Headphone stand...will see if I manage to wrap it up before Christmas :)

Also got a batch of Swedish made HT-PLA that i'm planning on turning into Danish-style plastic pieces :geek:

And, not related to 3D-printing, i'm trying to make some wine out of my wife's grapes :P

GrueMaster
Reactions:

Post by GrueMaster »

I seem to be getting medium demands to print stuff for friends or friends of friends. Mainly dice towers ($20) and dice jails ($10). Thinking about printing a DM Screen. Tried part of this one at 85%. Not sure if I want to continue. 8 hours each to print 2 of the 4 main wall components. Total of 18 pieces. Then there is the glue up, painting, etc.... Not even sure what would be a reasonable price for something like this (time & materials is all I am charging - not looking to profit).

Return to “General Discussion”