1000+ posts in 16 days

General topics...if a particular user would like their own sub-area, please let me know!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

1000+ posts in 16 days

Post by LePaul »

Impressive

Not bad for just 30 or so of us ... and a passionate for 3D printing topics :)
Blizz
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Prusa: XL, MK4, MK3S+-MMU3, MK3S, Mini, SL1S

Re: 1000+ posts in 16 days

Post by Blizz »

Well, it's more like 700, you posted 30% on your own :P
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Still!
I'm just pleased at how things are working. And while I still enjoy reading the Ultimaker forum, it is extremely slow loading from home or work.
Blizz
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Prusa: XL, MK4, MK3S+-MMU3, MK3S, Mini, SL1S

Post by Blizz »

Was just joking, obviously ;)

But let one thing be clear: I truly enjoy this forum.
It brought my fun back and I check it as much as I checked the UM forum initially.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

My mini-rant....I can't find anything over there.

I scroll through that long list for new posts, see a few. Go into that section and for whatever reason, the display seems out of order (newest not on top...no "stickies")...and it is slow to load. Once you get to the bottom, you have to go back to the TOP to get back to the category list...its just a lousy experience for navigating around.
Anders Olsson
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2 UM2E, UM2Go, UM3, Delta Tower, Form 1+, Form 2

Post by Anders Olsson »

I completely agree with both of you, I haven't feet this much joy about 3D printing since the old Ultimaker forum :-)

It surprises me that this forum is already as popular as it is actually, I thought it would take at least a month to reach 1000 posts.
I am very occupied with other things and barely manage to read all the new interesting posts here already :-)
shurik
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2

Post by shurik »

It actually makes me very sad. These 1000+ posts are the net loss of the UM forum which is in the desperate need of a total re-design. And a totally new approach. But the UM seem to be focused to go the Nokia way...
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Their way is to blame ME (and Anders) for pulling people 'away' from their site and over here. :-?

I don't see any other company in the world acting like that...all pissed off people are talking POSITIVELY about their products outside of their control. :roll:

It's just sad for all of us to witness. Great product. Lousy site.
Neotko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+ x2.5

Post by Neotko »

Well that's kinda weird. It's like Facebook blaming twitter. It's all part of the same stuff. It's true some content might be lost on their site but also they should acknowledge that when the users try other stuff must be because there's something lacking on their forum. I don't care much where we talk, I only care for knowledge.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Exactly. That's what was missing over there

And I see many areas where a customer will post and not hear from anyone. I would think they would dive in on those areas versus just relying on support tickets
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by ivan.akapulko »

LePaul wrote:Their way is to blame ME (and Anders) for pulling people 'away' from their site and over here. :-?

I don't see any other company in the world acting like that...all pissed off people are talking POSITIVELY about their products outside of their control. :roll:

It goes so serious way from their side? Jesus, why?
Anders Olsson
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2 UM2E, UM2Go, UM3, Delta Tower, Form 1+, Form 2

Post by Anders Olsson »

ivan.akapulko wrote:
LePaul wrote:Their way is to blame ME (and Anders) for pulling people 'away' from their site and over here. :-?

It goes so serious way from their side? Jesus, why?
I can not go into details on this for various reasons. The Ultimaker forum situation is obviously kind of of a prime example of how not to deal with a loyal community, which is quite difficult to understand before one gets a bit more inside information.
My view of things is that an unfortunate combination of personality types in certain positions, in a young quickly growing company with sometimes a bit to little control, has led to this situation. The explanation to the irrational reactions we see from time to time can be found in that context.

My general experience of Ultimaker as a company and their products is very good though, so while it is unfortunate with the forum situation, I don't want to make it sound like Ultimaker is a bad company, it is certainly not.
There are just some parts that could work better, and this new forum is a way to fix the most important issue right now.

Now, I have spent way too much time discussing and trying to change the Ultimaker forum with basically zero result. I am sick and tired of that thing since long ago but I really enjoy this new forum that LePaul created.
So let's continue developing this new forum with interesting new topics rather than getting our selfs stuck in the endless Ultimaker-forum software discussion loop :-)
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:

Post by ivan.akapulko »

Given the dynamics of this forum since the start, after a couple of months there will be the almost all active community members. And then there are two options (in both cases, we all benefit) : in the first case, the original forum turns into a place of solving problems (by the way, the lack of a structured wiki on all aspects of printing is something that is lacking in both forums) and here is the exchange of ideas and brain storming for full pleasure and fun of participants. In the second case, comatose figures of visits to the official website force them to listen to the voice of reason, and over time to make it right.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I agree...let's focus on the fun we are having here.
Izzy
Reactions:

Post by Izzy »

At least with people having the option to join various forums they may see about sorting out the problems to keep us joining again. I still keep getting ghost notifications and can't find posts.
Still keep calm and keep printing

Return to “General Discussion”