Buying 3D printer

Discussion of General / RepRap style printers! FDM/FFF printers that aren't gigantic!
lewisoliver
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Aiyong IUSE

Buying 3D printer

Post by lewisoliver »

Hi guys, I'm interested in 3D printing industry and intend to get my 1st 3D printer, would you help me pick one.

https://www.dibbsto.co.uk/3d-printer/
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Buying 3D printer

Post by LePaul »

Those are all cheap Chinese printers.

My experience with Geeetech has been they have absolutely zero quality control. From what I received, I am doubtful they powered it on after building it. Otherwise many obvious issues would have been noticed.

I have Creality CR-10 and Creality CR-10S. Both have been modified extensively for reliable printing. If you are comfortable being the warranty and doing the upgrades, they can be great fun.

If you prefer to just render, slice and print...with little messing with printer settings, the more expensive models (i.e. Ultimaker) might be better for you. (It's also a "What is your time worth?" question....do you want to tinker and tweak? Or just want ease of use?)
lewisoliver
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Aiyong IUSE

Post by lewisoliver »

Thanks for the info. Printers on the website I posted might not be of best quality, I know that but I need something ease of use and cost-effective. They sure do seem like a good choice for a person who's getting his first 3D printer. Besides, it's a local store.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Took a look at your 3D Printers, some resemble my 3D Printers.
3DP11.jpg
Over the years they took form and now look like this.
The Twins 2018-3.JPG
They are aluminum frame chinese printers that I would put the print quality next to the bests.

I have 3D Printed a MPCNC with one of the hardest materials to 3D Print ABS, without warping.
And low and behold all the pieces fit together without any filing or STL modifications.
And sketched a picture that is a accurate as my SummaSign D610, though I haveput is on pause for too long.
I plan to restate the project and carve my 1st wood carving really soon.

I would say if your 3D Printer chose is an all aluminum frame with dual smooth rods for the hotbed.
You have a 3D Printer that could be as good an both my 3D Printers.

Ask your questions we will give you an honest response.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Possibly the better printers to start with is the Prusa ones, either the kit form or assembled.

If you build from a kit, it is a tremendously rewarding experience and gives many a lot of confidence in their new skill.

https://www.prusa3d.com/original-prusa-i3-mk3/
bomberman
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Canon

Post by bomberman »

As you probably don‘t want to buy a $100,000 metal 3D printer, there are just two types of consumer 3D printers that are relevant. They are called FDM 3D printers and resin 3D printers. The first type of 3D printers is a cost-effective means for product development and rapid prototyping in small business and education sectors since it’s capable of fabricating robust parts reliably and quickly. The second type - SLA creates smooth surfaced objects with extreme detail, and it’s increasingly popular in industries like jewelry and cosmetic dentistry for creating castable molds. But before you start shopping, first, think about what and how often you want to 3D print. If you won't use it very often then you should just find a company that will make you a 3d model on their printer like matériaux impression 3D.

Return to “General / RepRap Printers”