LONGER3D LK4 Pro -- Stopped Feeding Filament--Nozzle NOT Clogged

Discussion of ANY 3D printing topic you desire!
lothian
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): LONGER3D LK4 Pro

LONGER3D LK4 Pro -- Stopped Feeding Filament--Nozzle NOT Clogged

Post by lothian »

I hope this is the correct forum for my issue...

I have a LONGER3D LK4 Pro that printed normally for months. One day I noticed the plate and print head trace the path of the object without laying down any filament. I suspected a clogged nozzle, but I can push filament thru it with no problem.

I noticed the knurled drive wheel that feeds filament just rotates back and forth in tiny movements--it is definitely NOT drawing filament.

LONGER3D.com shut down their support forum; I find no information on this topic on their website; and my message to their support email address has gone unanswered. I have absolutely zero idea how to t'shoot this issue further.

Suggestions? Recommendations?
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: LONGER3D LK4 Pro -- Stopped Feeding Filament--Nozzle NOT Clogged

Post by LePaul »

If you raise the print head (move up z), heat up to whatever material you have in there likes, are you able to manually extrude material via the LCD controller?

Also, I don't have this printer, but if you are able to move material through the hot end using the above...how is it flowing? If you mark off 100mm of filament from the extruder, then ask the machine to move 100mm, does it come close?
leonardo.amg3d
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker

Post by leonardo.amg3d »

Hi Lothian,
Does longer still exist as a 3d printing company? I thought they had closed.
Thanks.
lothian
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): LONGER3D LK4 Pro

Post by lothian »

Leo: https://www.longer3d.com/collections/3d-printers

Sooo, as a sort of desperate test, I swapped the z-axis cable with the extruder cable (the servos AND the cable connections used on this printer are all identical). I figured doing so tests a couple things sequentially: cables, cable connections, servos, and software.

All tested fine. yet the problem disappeared after I put everything back to the way it was.

Not very satisfying, I admit-- though the problem hasn't recurred as of the date of this post.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I would suspect that oxidation, improperly seated cable connector was the problem

Return to “General 3D Printing Conversation”