Creality 10s pro

Discussion of ANY 3D printing topic you desire!
johnnybot
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Creality 10s pro

Creality 10s pro

Post by johnnybot »

Hi everyone

I just bought a brand new "Creality 10s pro 3d printer" to replace my old "Printrbot" that no longer works and now that the company's gone under I'll probably never get it to work again.

My immediate problem with the "Creality 10s pro 3d printer" is I just can't get it to connect to my computer.(Windows 10 operating system) just like my old "Printrbot" I connect my printer via USB click on "Device Manager" then clicked on "Other Devices"... I find my" Creality printer"... but after I'm promted to "Update the driver" I'm completely stumped... with the old "Printrbot" I installed a driver called "Flip 3.4.7" after I selected "browse my computer" and then after I selected "USB" then something called "HEX" after that I was connect to my printer.

I've checked the SD card that came with the printer but there's definitely nothing on it to help connect to my computer.

If there's anyone who can help me with this delema regarding the Creality 10s pro 3d printer it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Re: Creality 10s pro

Post by Lez0 »

Hi
I don't know if it helps but I have a Folger FT5 and I connected it with my windows 7 PC OK.
When I moved the printer I tried to use my laptop that has windows 10, it wouldn't connect. I could get Linux to see the printer.
It may be a Windows 10 problem, I never investigated it.
I now use Octoprint to connect to the printer, it's much better.

Lez
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

If I remember correctly, the printer just shows up as a serial port. Check to see that you have a new serial port when you plug in the printer. Then tell your program to use that port.

Alternatively, get a Raspberry Pi (they're very cheap) and install Octopi on it. Safer anyway as with Windows, it can shut down or auto update during a long print job, which will kill your print.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

OctcoPrint has solved all my connection problems, choosing a wired home Gigabit Ethernet as best choice for my 3D Printers setup.
Though it would have been just as easily done with the Raspberry Pi internal or an external WiFi USB adapter.

Return to “General 3D Printing Conversation”