Cocoon Create Profile for Cura V4

Discussion of ANY 3D printing topic you desire!
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: Cocoon Create Profile for Cura V4

Post by GrueMaster »

This is the start gcode in Cura 4.0 for your printer (not much different than mine really):

Code: Select all

; -- START GCODE --
G21                     ;set units to millimetres
G90                     ;set to absolute positioning
M106 S0                 ;set fan speed to zero (turned off)
G28                     ;home all axis
G92 E0                  ;zero the extruded length
G1 Z1 F1000             ;move up slightly
G1 X60.0 Z0 E9.0 F1000.0;intro line
G1 X100.0 E21.5 F1000.0 ;continue line
G92 E0                  ;zero the extruded length again
; -- end of START GCODE --
Notice that G28 is alone. This homes all 3 axis at the beginning. You are telling your printer to only home X & Y.

Note also that this is doing an intro line. That is for priming the print head. Good to have.

When you say it starts printing where the print head is, are you printing something from pregenerated gcode or are you getting an STL and having cura reslice it with the start code changes? Then Cura slices a model for printing, it essentially creates a text file of all of the gcodes needed to move the print head and extrude filament (along with controlling fans, etc). It will prepend the start gcode to this file, and append the end gcode to the end of the sliced object, so if you modify the start/end gcode, you must reslice the object (unless you want to manually edit the gcode in a decent editor - NOT NOTEPAD).
Firepower
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Cocoon Create

Post by Firepower »

Roberts_Clif

Thanks for clarifying that. I have it going to almost the middle now after going to the Home position.

I got it moving to almost the middle of the bed bu unchecking Origin at Centre in Machine Settings.

So nearly there. I'll put the photo of the position here when the print finishes.
Firepower
Reactions:

Post by Firepower »

GrueMaster

Thanks for the Start G-code and the information. I now have it going to almost the middle of the bed and printing.

I'll put the photo of the position here when the print finishes and the latest Start Code if I can not get it to go to the middle of the bed myself.

Thanks again.
Firepower
Reactions:

Post by Firepower »

Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately we are going away for two days and will check out the information when I get back.

I am pleased as I have it printing on the bed but not quite in the middle as in the photo.

I'll get back to it on Sunday.

Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_2861.JPG
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I've noticed a ton of responses to your question, that's good!
Firepower
Reactions:

Post by Firepower »

Yes - Thanks the response has been great.

I'll get back to it soon and look at my last current problem of getting the print in the centre. I need to look at recent responses and see if I can work it out first
Firepower
Reactions:

Post by Firepower »

Thanks everyone for your help. It is great I got so much help here.

My initial problem was I could not slow down the Support speed in the old Cura and it came out all broken up. Someone mentioned that in Cura 4 you can slow down the support speed and that is where the fun started.

I needed to select a printer so the Cocoon Create Modelmaker did not work and there was nothing just for a Cocoon Create printer.then I got one I named Cocoon Create from somewhere and the Start G-code did not work properly. This is where you all helped and nearly got it to work good but after watching some more youtube videos I actually found the Add a Printer then Other.

I recently found in Other Wanhao Duplicator i3 which my printer is apparently copied from. After loading that all is working great.

So now my Supports are printing great for the first time in three years, as in the photo. Guess you call that progress. 🙂

I have so many questions in Cura V4 but I'll give someone else a go here and do some more reading before I ask more questions.

Thanks again everyone that helped.
Attachments
IMG_2888.JPG
Firepower
Reactions:

Post by Firepower »

Looks like I had the Support in the above post was too thick.

All of my underside of the prints where the Support stops have been rough but is it possible to print it so it comes out nice and smooth?
Attachments
IMG_2896.JPG
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I can't recall what it's called in Cura...maybe Support Top Distance...or roof....support interface? But you can set how the support "touches" the layer it is supporting for a smoother surface upon removal
Firepower
Reactions:

Post by Firepower »

Thanks I'll check that out.

I have selected all the options for Quality. Shell, Infill, Material etc and I just printed them out on two sheets of paper.

I'll have a closer look at these options.

Return to “General 3D Printing Conversation”