Suddenly very bad printing ??

Discussion of ANY 3D printing topic you desire!
ksor
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): CR10s PRO

Suddenly very bad printing ??

Post by ksor »

I made up a bracket in Fusion 360 for protecting the USB and SD-card on a CR10s PRO.

The first print looked very nice but the dimemsions had to be a little different.

I made the changes in the dimensions and did another print and it looked like _BEEP_ !

I even made a new drawing from scratch with the correct dimensions but same very bad print !

See the attached picture ...

I ONLY changed the dimensions between the two prints - the one to the left is OK, the one to the right is just garbage !

What is wrong ?
DSCN1175.JPG
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: Suddenly very bad printing ??

Post by GrueMaster »

You may need to run it through a program that cleans up the mesh. Or your temp or layer height is off.
ksor
Reactions:

Post by ksor »

I think you missed, that ONLY the dimensions has changed between the two printouts - NO change in settings at all !

What is this "mesh cleaning" program ?
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Post by Lez0 »

Is your nozzle blocked?
ksor
Reactions:

Post by ksor »

No, but I found the fault - the feeder wheel was loosy goosy and nearly falling of so not enough filament was fed into the extruder
ksor
Reactions:

Post by ksor »

Oh, it's way worse than I first thought !

This banking noise kept on !

I then disassambled the hot end ... and there is was ... it was NOT and has NEVER been assembled correctly - where is the QC at Creality ... I beleave NON excisting !

The filament hose ended 15mm abowe the nozzle and there was that huge block of plastic half of it in the COLD end of the heat brake and the other half in the heat element and nozzle !

I took it all apart and cleaned it and now it's running like a charm ;-))
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Well, that's the compromise with these inexpensive Chinese printers. There isn't any quality control. Slap them together and out the door. I mean, it isn't like they have a support staff/support site. That falls on the user/user groups.

On the pro side, like the ones I have bought, I knew going in that QC would be marginal at best. Like everyone else, we gut the crap components and install quality ones in it's place. I guess when I think about it, it's crazy that we buy these things know that! We'd never buy a car expecting to replace the motor, wheels and exhaust within months, would we? :)

But sometimes the parts work, the fixes are inexpensive and we rinse and repeat on the next machine !
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

LePaul wrote: July 13th, 2019, 3:57 pm We'd never buy a car expecting to replace the motor, wheels and exhaust within months, would we?
Well, some people do.

Honestly, it boils down to your confidence in your skills and whether or not you want that kind of challenge. When I bought my Hictop 3DP-17, I knew going in that it was going to be a major project, but then I also wanted to learn more than I thought I could by buying a preassembled higher quality system. Since then, I learned that I don't have as much spare time as I would like, so I bought the Hictop branded CR-10S. Better quality, less fiddling. Occasionally I will focus on the 3DP-17, give it a little TLC, then print out something boring for the wife (meeples, base stands for some board game, etc).
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

This is a strange question but the two USB SD models do not even look like the same.
You must have two different models. The left Model has larger protrusions on the Z-Axis than the Right model.
It also appears that the Left model has a more rounded shape while the Right model is more square.
It also appears that may be using a different layer height on each model.

What setting are you using on each, which slicer are you using for the models.
Example filament, Layer height, Nozzle temp, Print Speed, ect...

Return to “General 3D Printing Conversation”