PLA sticking TOO much to bed.

Discussion of ANY 3D printing topic you desire!
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

PLA sticking TOO much to bed.

Post by Lez0 »

Hi All
Yes PLA is stick far too much to my vinyl bed. I have to use a knife and a lot of force to get them off.
I have reduce temp from 60 to 50. when levelling the bed I have the paper "feeler" a bit loose. But still it takes a lot to get the print off.
I like all of you have had problems with prints not sticking to the bed so I am hoping I can do a bit of tweaking to reduce the stick.

Thanks all
Lez
ps no joke it really is almost impossible to get the prints off-
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: PLA sticking TOO much to bed.

Post by Roberts_Clif »

1st of all what bed surface are you using.

I would reduce the temp again to 42C and print with a parts fan on to about half speed.
I might even help to raise the nozzle about 0.05mm using the Z-Offset.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I had LokBuild for a very short time. I even printed with no heat and prints would not come off the thing! I even put bed and all into the freezer overnight, where I finally freed it
Lez0
Reactions:

Post by Lez0 »

Thanks for the advice. I'll try lowering the temp and raising the nozzle a bit more.
I'll let you know after the next print.
Lez
Lez0
Reactions:

Post by Lez0 »

I think I may have solved the problem of parts sticking to the bed too much, somehow.
IMG_0993.JPG
:?:
Over 12 hours into this print and the print went for a walk. It must have happened when I left the house..
I think I was pushing it a bit too much.

Lez0
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I have on many occasions found it sticks so tight that it hard to remove, or it is not quite there and breaks loose.

I have finally purchased a bed surface that will actually hold the print from beginning to end.
Before finding this surface I would print on tape on my First bed surface, as prints would not stick correctly.

T1.jpg
The bed surface in the image above would not work for we at all, I finally ripped it from the bed and replaced with a cheap Chinese bed surface. You can find them on E-bay they are sold on lots of 3. Photo was taken in the middle of print, after failing to stick several times to the bed surface..

I have replaced this Chinese surface after 2 years of use, on each of my 3D Printers. An plan to continue using as it works so well.

Just because this particular Bed surface did not work for me does not mean it is a bad Bed surface.
I could not get it to hold the prints. and the tape method did until I again switched to a Chinese bed surface.

Return to “General 3D Printing Conversation”