Printer seems to mirror parts

Discussion of ANY 3D printing topic you desire!
robertcnc
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): creality CR10-s5

Printer seems to mirror parts

Post by robertcnc »

I am using Ultimaker Cura with a Creality CR-10 S5 3D printer. When I go to print, the x-axis appears to be going in the wrong direction. For example if I print an "L", it will be backwards. I have checked all settings and everything looks good. Motors have been verified connected correctly. I know that the origin with Cura and the Creality printer are different but not sure if this is the cause?

Thank you in advance for any help,
Rob
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Printer seems to mirror parts

Post by LePaul »

I've heard of this happening before with Cura. A good article that might help...

https://drmrehorst.blogspot.com/2017/08 ... rigin.html
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Post an Image of what you are 3D Printing verses what is actually printed.

If it is mirrored right to left X axis or if it is mirrored top to bottom the Y axis cabling could be incorrect.

Now if both the X and Y Axis are mirrored then the X and Y cable could be reversed, this could be caused by factory mislabeling the cables or the end user accidentally installing them incorrectly. It could be the cabling inside the controller box is plugged into the controller card incorrectly.

I would check if the cables running from the controller card for each axis is reaching the correct stepper motor.
robertcnc
Reactions:

Post by robertcnc »

LePaul wrote: July 18th, 2019, 9:01 am I've heard of this happening before with Cura. A good article that might help...

https://drmrehorst.blogspot.com/2017/08 ... rigin.html
Thanks, I will read this and get back with a repost.
robertcnc
Reactions:

Post by robertcnc »

Roberts_Clif wrote: July 18th, 2019, 10:13 am Post an Image of what you are 3D Printing verses what is actually printed.

If it is mirrored right to left X axis or if it is mirrored top to bottom the Y axis cabling could be incorrect.

Now if both the X and Y Axis are mirrored then the X and Y cable could be reversed, this could be caused by factory mislabeling the cables or the end user accidentally installing them incorrectly. It could be the cabling inside the controller box is plugged into the controller card incorrectly.

I would check if the cables running from the controller card for each axis is reaching the correct stepper motor.
Thanks for the reply.

According to the instructions, X-axis is the bed movement which is what moves when I do a Prepare->Move axis-X. The printhead moves along the Gantry when I do a Prepare->Move axis->Y

I will need to do another print to send pictures of the Cura and 3Dprint. Will do this if the other post doesn't pan out.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

No. Your print head moves Left/right on the X axis The bed moves forward/back on the Y axis
robertcnc
Reactions:

Post by robertcnc »

Roberts_Clif wrote: July 18th, 2019, 10:13 am Post an Image of what you are 3D Printing verses what is actually printed.

Hi,

I have included the pictures of Cura and what the 3D printer actually prints. I'm have not been able to look into the document from the another reply. Looking at this now though. But thought I would get this up for review.

Thank you!
Rob
Attachments
3dprint.jpg
cura piture.JPG
robertcnc
Reactions:

Post by robertcnc »

I figured it out. Creality had swapped the tabs of the x-axis and y-axis cables. Works now. Thanks for all the replies.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

LePaul wrote: July 19th, 2019, 2:55 pm No. Your print head moves Left/right on the X axis The bed moves forward/back on the Y axis
You are correct!
I should have proof-read what I wrote more carefully!

Return to “General 3D Printing Conversation”