Moisture Eliminators

Discussion of ANY 3D printing topic you desire!
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Moisture Eliminators

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Today I was shopping again at a local Dollar store.
When seeing the Moisture Eliminators, 8.1 oz. Containers and it reminded me that my filament is worth more.
So I picked up a couple more containers of the Home Store Moisture Eliminators as seen in the image below.

Moisture Eliminator.jpg
This inexpensive wonderful product has keep my Filament safe and moisture free for nearly 3 years now.
Started re-using the little desiccant packages first, then seen these 8oz containers that work much better.
Just wanted so tell every one how I have 3 year old filament that still prints like brand new Filament.
It does help that filament is stored in a large storage container though the containers are not air tight.
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: Moisture Eliminators

Post by GrueMaster »

Erm, call me crazy, but if you have 3 year old filament, you aren't printing enough useless stuff. Get busy!

My friend turned me on to these. He keeps them in some of his cars that are in storage. They work great.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

You are correct I have not printed enough useless stuff, Thank goodness Halloween is approaching.
As this will use up some of my older filament by 3D Printing Halloween presents for trick or treaters.

I purchased almost every color of filament and did not find the need for some colors in models that I printed.
This was one reason for my color choice on the New MPCNC.

Really though I would 3D Print much more than am actually printing now.
Mr SNG
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): hictop auto leveling desktop 3d printer prusa i3

Post by Mr SNG »

GrueMaster wrote: October 1st, 2019, 2:11 am Erm, call me crazy, but if you have 3 year old filament, you aren't printing enough useless stuff. Get busy!

My friend turned me on to these. He keeps them in some of his cars that are in storage. They work great.
I own and run mould injection machines, different types of thermo plastics vary quite a bit regarding their hygroscopicity, nylon probably being the worst. I have to put pretty much all my material through a dryer before pouring the granuals into the machines hopper, that includes even a new batch!

Some of my slower moving material is stored for quite some lengths of time but because its in 25kg sacks its not an easy solution to store it in moisture free environment. Hence why a dryer gets used.

So another solution to to dry filament would be to modify a food hydrator!

LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I've been meaning to get and use a dryer for my old stacks of Ultimaker brand PLA
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Today it is again time to replace the moisture Eliminator, or risk my filament going bad...

I was checking and found today the moisture Eliminators were again in need of replacement.
Moisture Eliminator.jpg

Return to “General 3D Printing Conversation”