Creality CR-10 S4 or Ender-5 Plus, Which To Get?

Discussion of ANY 3D printing topic you desire!
killlerpenguins
Reactions:

Creality CR-10 S4 or Ender-5 Plus, Which To Get?

Post by killlerpenguins »

Hello All,
I am new to 3D printing but am a very tech savvy person. I want to get a Creality 3D printer but I am not sure if I should go with the CR-10 S4 or Ender-5 Plus. Is there anyone with great knowledge and even better if you have experience with both who can point me in a good direction? Even though I am just starting out I don't want to go with something just to learn about 3D printing and just upgrade later. I am wanting to have something that is good and won't need to really upgrade till much later if I choose to. Thank you all in advance for your time and look forward to joining the 3D printing world!
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: Creality CR-10 S4 or Ender-5 Plus, Which To Get?

Post by GrueMaster »

Those are fairly different printers, with regard to print dimensions. That would be one of the first things I would look at. If you want to make larger prints, go with the CR-10 S4 (I have the CR-10S which is slightly smaller, but still larger than the Ender-5 plus). Both have similar ratings, both will print the same basic quality based on print head. The CR10-S4 will have a larger footprint on your desk. Not much else to really say on this.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Creality CR-10 S4 or Ender-5 Plus, Which To Get?

Post by LePaul »

I suggest people learn on something smaller or well known...like a CR-10S. Get the hang of using the slicer, printing and then as you gain experience , then move on to something larger

Return to “General 3D Printing Conversation”