Printer Globbing when Extruder at a Stand-still

Discussion of ANY 3D printing topic you desire!
spencer_te
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Anet A8

Printer Globbing when Extruder at a Stand-still

Post by spencer_te »

Hey Y'all,

I'm pretty new to the whole 3D printer thing since one of my friends gave me a pretty run down Anet A8. Its a pretty fun project and I managed to fix basically it all up except for one very strange problem that he hadn't even seen before: So basically what happens is when the printer is running a print it intentionally extrudes a large amount of plastic when the extruder is at a stand still for a brief second. It seems--backwards. Like when it reaches a corner in the print, the drive motor drives a lot of plastic forming a pretty large glob as seen in the attached photos.

I've tried lowering the print flow but the whole effect is just scaled down. I've also tried adjusting print speed and temperature, to no avail. Its running Marlin 1.1.6, so I was wondering if it could possibly be a firmware issue, but that seems unlikely, though I'm not sure what else could be the problem. I've also tried several different slicers, all having the same effect, so it's got to be my printer. If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Spencer
Attachments
20200528_211411.jpg
20200528_190917.jpg
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: Printer Globbing when Extruder at a Stand-still

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I would be interested in seeing what slicer and the slicers settings, along with what material you are 3D Printing.
It may also be of use to have a small model printed record video then post so we can see what it is doing.

Personal I upload my videos on to You-Tube then post the link here, shown below

Sample recorded with OctoPrint using Octolapse (" a time lapsed video ")

XY_C_Burly print using ABS
.28mm height
20% Infill
232C hotend
96C bedtemp
86% Print Speed 9.6mm^3 of filament per second, 3hours 28minutes print time.

Return to “General 3D Printing Conversation”