Form 2 review

Discussion of ANY 3D printing topic you desire!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Form 2 review

Post by LePaul »

I've always admired this printer, it can't do large prints....but for high detail stuff, it's simply amazing

Meduza
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2+, UM3 (F2, UM2EX+ UM3EX, etc at work)

Re: Form 2 review

Post by Meduza »

I do have access to the Form2, i am one of the few people doing training sessions for it in the Scandinavia and i have been using it since it was first released, and yes, it is a amazing printer for high-detail prints :-)

I rarely use it for my own projects tough, i do not do that many things that need the high detail and the sticky resin and the process of cleaning the parts in alcohol and post-curing them are a bit too much of a hassle for every-day prints if you do not make small stuff with very fine details. The UM2 and UM3 printers sees a lot more use for my projects.

I did even lend the F1+ demo unit from work when we replaced it with the F2, but took it back after a few months since it did not see much use.

There is some interesting stuff happening with materials for the F2 right now, the new Tough material (V3) is pretty nice, the new High-temperature material is very interesting to use for example to print a low-run prototype injection mould, and the durable material that is set to be released in january that will simulate PP will bring some properties not seen in many 3D Printing materials.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Form 2 review

Post by LePaul »

I'm on their mailing list and get all sorts of notifications about new materials.

I know for my prop and droid prints, I can see where some areas that need great detail would benefit from the Form 2.

Return to “General 3D Printing Conversation”