Marlin 2.0.6

Printer firmware discussion
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Marlin 2.0.6

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Today I configured Marlin 2.0.6 for my Hictop 3DP11 and 3DP12 3D Printers.

Original
#define FIL_RUNOUT_INVERTING True
Compling set the state of changed variable to HIGH.
#define FIL_RUNOUT_STATE HIGH

Original
#define Z_SAFE_HOMING_X_POINT ((X_BED_SIZE) / 2) // X point for Z homing when homing all axes (G28).
#define Z_SAFE_HOMING_Y_POINT ((Y_BED_SIZE) / 2) // Y point for Z homing when homing all axes (G28).
I hope nothing needs to be done here!
#define Z_SAFE_HOMING_X_POINT X_CENTER // X point for Z homing
#define Z_SAFE_HOMING_Y_POINT Y_CENTER // Y point for Z homing

Wow! on reboot Screen showed to Initialize EEProm
EEPROM.jpg
This Compiled Marlin not presently in a working Hictop Printer it has been uploaded to a Dead stepper driver Hictop Controller.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Re: Marlin 2.0.6

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Well if it was smart enough to detect that a new firmware was present.
Why does it not have a single Reload button to reload and save the new Firmware's configuration.

Still Have to send M502 and M500
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Today the Day will be Flashing Marlin's newest release 2.0.6 to both my 3D Printers.

The Firmware is configured exactly the same for both with one exception "#define CUSTOM_MACHINE_NAME "

I loaded the Firmware on Blu and while test i found that the Bed Leveling has a new feature, It is also in Marlin 2.0.3.
It tell us what probe point is being executed on the LCD screen.

AND

Actually just flashed Marlin 2.0.6 on a working 3D Printer and the Reset button does load and save firmware defaults.
No further need to M502 / M500

I have already posted Marlin 2.0.6 on Google Drive
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Over my 3D Printer ownership have been changing lines in pins_RAMPS.h

Some I believe are still necessary though other can be moved to Configuration.h this set of lines for example

Code: Select all

#ifndef MOSFET_D_PIN
  #define MOSFET_D_PIN     -1
#endif
changing them to enable E1 or Fan1 PIN could stay in pins_RAMPS.h

#ifndef MOSFET_D_PIN
  #define RAMPS_D7_PIN                         7               // -1 to disable
  #define MOSFET_D_PIN                         RAMPS_D7_PIN
#endif

#if HOTENDS == 1
    #define FAN1_PIN                MOSFET_D_PIN
  #else
    #define HEATER_1_PIN            MOSFET_D_PIN
  #endif

Or the confusion of where to place the Filament run-out pin when using

#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_MKS_BASE_14

Do I set in in pins_MKS_BASE_14.h under other Mods or should it be set in pins_RAMPS.h

#ifndef FIL_RUNOUT_PIN
// define digital pin 4 for the filament runout sensor. Use the RAMPS 1.4 digital input 4 on the servos connector
// define digital pin 11 for the filament runout sensor. Use the RAMPS 1.3 digital input D11 on the Digital/Analog connector

#define FIL_RUNOUT_PIN      2 

#endif
Or
Should it be in Configuration.h under "#define FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SENSOR" they all work though which is the logical place to enter this code.

It got confusing as I was trying to remember where I placed this code thinking it was under pins_Ramps.
Boy was I wrong it was under "pins_MKS_BASE_14.h"

So I guess in order to keep it straight I will place the code on all of the above as it cannot hurt.

I got into this loop all the way back when I saw my first code an my controller was configured as a " BOARD_RAMPS_13_EFB "

This is not what is in our Hictops 3D Printers we have an MKS Base 14 compatible controller with Dual Extruders or Dual PWM Fans
Everyone keeps asking where can I get a second PWM Fan well it is right here beneath many many lines of code.
Want a second Extruder well both codes are here however you can either have dual fan or dual extruder using this code sequence.
filamentphil
Reactions:

Post by filamentphil »

Hi Roberts_Clif,

I have a hictop 3DP12 - it's on the original firmware and I'd like to update it to v2 marlin. I've been trying to understand what I need to do but getting lost in all the settings and not even sure what some of them do.

Do you have any updates to that files you have posted on Google Drive, for later versions?

Regarding your "Marlin 2.0.6" setup - is that a stock hictop 3DP12 - or have your modified it?

Thanks!
filamentphil
Reactions:

Post by filamentphil »

Update, I've had success with your 2.0.9.3 build here, and making some modifications: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... _O7wDq_ISr

Do you know if there is a reason why the later versions of Marlin wouldn't work?
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I have many Marlin 2 version firmware that are configured for stock hardware 3DP11 and 3DP12 Hictops.

Only meant to refer that the next version gave me troubles.
A note that in every version of Marlin there could be a bug , thous the reason for Bug Fixes.

Sorry Have to go emergency, will get back to this soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Returning to this post I have configured many versions of marlin 2 that work with the original Hictop hardware.
Some of these are posted to my google drive, below are links

Hictop 3DP11/3DP12
Just Firmware
My notes in the firmware shown for original or my modified hardware conditions example below,

#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // Set to true for SN-04N False for TL-W3MC2
#define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // Set to true for SN-04-N False for Runout Sensor 
At any rate if you are new to configuring firmware then you should look at the firmware configurations before flashing.
All my posted firmware have been use by many Hictop owners, this is no guarantee that any flash could end is a disaster.
Most could be fixed simply by re-flashing firmware to controller, although sometimes they require a replacement controller.
Even today there are still many firmware compatible replacement controllers, most popular is Arduino 2560 Mega with Ramps 1.6

With all said an done all firmware will need your code, examples below

#define STRING_CONFIG_H_AUTHOR "(Your Name-8 Aug 2020" // Who made the changes

#define CUSTOM_MACHINE_NAME "Hic3DP"

// Typical stepper motors have 200 steps per full step/rev = 1.8°/step, so 1/16 microstepping = STEPS_PER_REVOLUTION_E = 3200 
// X-Y Axis 3200, / 20 tooth, / 2mm pitch = 200*16 / 20 / 2 = 80 :: (STEPS_PER_REVOLUTION_X / IDLER_TEETH_X / BELT_PITCH_X)
// the one below is for a Hictop 3DP11 with the All Thread leadscrew.
// Z Axis 3200, / 1.25mm pitch leadscrew = 200*16 /1.25 = 2560 :: (STEPS_PER_REVOLUTION_Z / PITCH_OF_Z_ROD) 
// the one below is for a Hictop 3DP12 with the a 4 Start 8mm pitch lead screw.
// Z Axis 3200, / 8mm pitch leadscrew = 200*16 /8 = 400 :: (STEPS_PER_REVOLUTION_Z / PITCH_OF_Z_ROD)
// Z Axis 3200, / 4mm pitch leadscrew = 200*16 /4 = 800 :: (STEPS_PER_REVOLUTION_Z / PITCH_OF_Z_ROD)
// the one below is for my Hictop 3DP12 with the a single Start 2mm pitch lead screw
// Z Axis 3200, / 2mm pitch leadscrew = 200*16 /2 = 1600 :: (STEPS_PER_REVOLUTION_Z / PITCH_OF_Z_ROD)
// E-Axia 3200, / (11mm Gear OD * pi) :: (STEPS_PER_REVOLUTION_E * EXTRUDER_GEAR_RATIO / (PINCH_WHEEL_DIAMETER * PI))

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   { 80, 80, 400, 94.4962144  }

Return to “Firmware”