Extruder problem

Doesn't fit a specific category here? Place it here!
Seapeace
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Home made

Extruder problem

Post by Seapeace »

Hello,

When I am trying to print something on my home made 3D printer, I can print the first and second layer, then the extruder's toothed wheel starts slipping; it cannot push the filament anymore,the toothed wheel is turning but slipping; the filament cannot go forward. I tried all configurations of the tightening screw of the spring but no result. It seems the nozzle is obstructed but I see no reason for this (I am using PLA and tried with 200°C, then 205°C, then 210°C, but same result). My extruder is 20 cm away from the hotend (mounted at side pillar) and the filament reaches the hotend through a teflon tube.

Any suggestions ?
Last edited by Seapeace on July 2nd, 2019, 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: Extruder problem

Post by GrueMaster »

Make sure the teflon inside the hotend is pushed all the way down so it has no gaps between it and the brass nozzle. You may have to replace the teflon tube, if you don't have a very straight flat cut on the end.
Seapeace
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Home made

Re: Extruder problem

Post by Seapeace »

Hi,

Thanks for your message. Normally the brass nozzle is at the bottom of the aluminium heat sink and the tube adapter at top. I can push the teflon tube just inside the adapter as much as it goes down.

By the way, I've been playing with PID settings and after a manual correction, I think I obtained some ameliorations and the extruder seems to push the filament. I am still checking whether this is a definitive solution.

Return to “General Filament & Nozzle chat”