Bought a used Hictop 3DP17 from a local chap...

Software and Firmware Discussion - related to source code, firmware updates, etc.
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: Bought a used Hictop 3DP17 from a local chap...

Post by GrueMaster »

Not in sets? Really? Mine were a pair (of course the exact item I bought was a pair and is no longer available on amazon).
Tech Gorilla
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ender 3, Hictop 3DP-17

Post by Tech Gorilla »

GrueMaster wrote: March 8th, 2019, 10:15 am Not in sets? Really? Mine were a pair (of course the exact item I bought was a pair and is no longer available on amazon).
Nope. This is how I discovered how nice one-click ordering can be on Amazon. I have a video about linear bearings if anyone is interested in seeing whats inside.

Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Post by Lez0 »

I have used these type of bearing in other projects. The quality can vary a lot between different suppliers. You can get nice silent smooth bearings or bearings that sound and feel so rough you wouldn't want to use them for anything. It is difficult finding a good supplier, but as the price isn't very high it's worth making sure you are happy with the bearing before using them.
Just my 10 cents.
Lez
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

That's a really great video. I had a KFL8 part in my FT-6 kit not work properly, it is suppose to flex around a bit to grip the threaded rod, but it was stuck. As a result, upon testing the bed/lead screw/chrome rods, I got binding at the bottom. After a lot of debugging, removed the KFL8 and douse it in WD40 to get it moving, observed a lot of debris on the paper towel beneath it, then applied DuPont Teflon Silicone lubricant. It moves now, but that first part of the movement is awful creaky. So...it's good enough for a spare but getting a new one.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

The video is great, I have been trying to relocate this, and could not find it as forgot who posted.

Was trying to explain to someone the other day why they needed to clean and re-lube the linear bearings,
this took forever and still could not get the point across why the factory bearing needed to be cleaned and re-lubed.

Now on I can simply reference this video.
Tech Gorilla
Reactions:

Post by Tech Gorilla »

Roberts_Clif wrote: March 25th, 2019, 11:03 am The video is great, ....Now on I can simply reference this video.
As a small, but trying YouTube channel who was monetized before they moved the goalpost last year (i need 750 more subs to get my $80.59), I really appreciate you sharing this video. It's gotten quite a few views between here and Reddit. I don't use Facebook/Instagram/Twitter at all, so I have limited outlets to share.

Thank you guys very kindly!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Tech Gorilla wrote: March 28th, 2019, 7:20 am
Roberts_Clif wrote: March 25th, 2019, 11:03 am The video is great, ....Now on I can simply reference this video.
As a small, but trying YouTube channel who was monetized before they moved the goalpost last year (i need 750 more subs to get my $80.59), I really appreciate you sharing this video. It's gotten quite a few views between here and Reddit. I don't use Facebook/Instagram/Twitter at all, so I have limited outlets to share.

Thank you guys very kindly!
I know how you feel, they changed it just before I hit the 10,000 view goal post. It took a bit but finally made the goals and views and subs seem to just get easier after 1k subs. If you're having fun in the videos and like making them, that's the secret. I see a lot of people "chasing" their stats and putting out videos that THEY probably wouldn't sit through and watch. (Don't be that guy!)
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

I am finally getting around to doing something with my little-hicci (3DP-17). Starting by printing @Roberts_Clif cable chain for X axis, and firmware update. Using Big-Hicci (CR-10S) to print the chain parts (it was already loaded & leveled). Lots to do to it to get it up to snuff. I'm printing the X chain mounts and 20 links to start. I think it takes more, but this is a good start. Will take several hours just to print this much at 0.15mm (Octoprint is saying ~4.5-15 hours, depending on which estimate you look at).
Tech Gorilla
Reactions:

Post by Tech Gorilla »

Is this thing still on??

Return to “Software and Firmware Discussion”