Updating Hictop 3DP-12

Software and Firmware Discussion - related to source code, firmware updates, etc.
Yourdog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 3DP-12, CTC 3D Printer

Updating Hictop 3DP-12

Post by Yourdog »

Hello, I just received this 3D printer from a friend, he was fed up with trying to level it and had no successful prints. I was able to get it leveled and a few successful prints but after shutting it off and restarting it the next day to make another print it was all thrown out of level again. I currently have a CTC 3D Printer I purchased a couple of years ago and I understand how leveling works.

I would really like to be able to perform multiple probe locations with the included auto leveling sensor SN04-N. I was hoping that someone else had made this available in an update. Another thing I would like fixed is maybe changing the Menu Tree since there are some features I use more than others, and the scrolling speed through the menus.

I was following Chip Luck and tried updating to the firmware but I would get this error:

Arduino: 1.6.8 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from sketch\ConfigurationStore.cpp:1:0:

sketch\ConfigurationStore.cpp: In function 'void Config_PrintSettings()':

ConfigurationStore.cpp:173: error: 'add_homing' was not declared in this scope

SERIAL_ECHOPAIR(" M206 X",add_homing[0] );

^

sketch\Marlin.h:106:68: note: in definition of macro 'SERIAL_ECHOPAIR'

#define SERIAL_ECHOPAIR(name,value) (serial_echopair_P(PSTR(name),(value)))

^

exit status 1
'add_homing' was not declared in this scope

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I downloaded the original Marlin-1.1.0-RC6 and copied all of the items from Chip Luck's firmware to the folder of the Marlin-1.1.0-RC6. I know very little about coding and after looking at all the tabs with things to change I easily get lost. I have been trying to figure it all out but its a little overwhelming as I didn't have to mess with any of this with the CTC 3D Printer, but am looking forward to learning. Why when I go to load a new sketch in the Arduino Sketches folder does it not show in the list? Also sometimes it will show the folder, then it will show Marlin (referring to the Marlin.ino file) but when I click on it only Marlin.ino opens in Arduino IDE. If I manually go to the folder it still only opens Marlin.ino instead of all of the sketch (therefor I cannot upload to my device since it is only showing one). I have tried multiple versions of Arduino IDE: 1.0.6, 1.6.8, and 1.8.9 all with the same issue. I have included an image of what I am seeing in the Arduino IDE interface

I have gone through all of the leveling as much as possible and when I click on Home Axis, I have to start the leveling all over again. I've adjusted the leveling sensor and it seems to be right where it needs to be. I really think I need to replace the bed to something more sturdy, all of the other components seem to be properly tightened to reduce wobble I just don't understand whats going on.
Attachments
2019-07-14 (1).png
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: Updating Hictop 3DP-12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

If your 3DP12 is an original then any of these Marlin firmware should work, download and save to a safe place.
Unzip for the filename given and look at all setting in configuration.h if you want to learn then you may want to compare the configuration.h I have provided with the one you are working with.

I have made many notes in the firmware just for Hictop 3DP machines.
I have set the max temperature to 245 on nozzle and 135 on the bed If you need these changed let me know

I use the X-Max end-stop for the filament run-out could never get the one Hictop stated to use to work.
There and lots of posts here on the Hictop 3DP12 I would suggest you read all there is a lot of valuable information.

1st Piece of information all supplied firmware will compile using Arduino IDE 1.8.8 or newer.
Yourdog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 3DP-12, CTC 3D Printer

Post by Yourdog »

Well, your Marlin-1.1.9BF and Marlin 2.0 together seems to be exactly what I needed so far.. I just uploaded them in to the IDE, verified, then uploading after checking over everything. They have gotten me back to printing on this printer.. I will be doing some more research on the firmware to see what can be changed maybe reorganizing the Menu Tree to my wants. I just don't understand why I was having so many issues with others' updates or the IDE not recognizing them; but I guess I don't need to worry about it anymore. The bed leveling is awesome taking all of those points; does it save the leveling data on the board or should I just auto level each time before starting a print?

Thank you!
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Bed leveling not saved in all older version of Marlin the newer version have a restore auto bed leveling feature.
#define RESTORE_LEVELING_AFTER_G28 // This Includes Marlin 1.1.9BF and above.

I still use the below settings in my slicers though.
First you do a Bed Leveling, you can do this one of two ways.
After preforming Auto-bed leveling then

One: Send
M502 ; Restore Default Settings
M500 ; Save Settings

Two: On the LCD Press Initialize EEProm followed by Store Settings.

I use Cura 15.04.6 and in the startup G-code the last couple of lines is to restore the Bed leveling.

M420 S1 ; Bed Leveling On
M220 S40.000000 ; Set 1st Layer Print Speed

Using the Plugins Tweak At Z 3.0.1 I add
Z-Height to tweak at (mm) of twice my layer thickness
New Speed (%) 76

You know I never have an Original Hictop firmware setup before I started Helping on the forums.
As my 3D Printer advanced beyond the Original settings rather quickly.
So I had to revert all my Firmware back to the Original 3DP08/11/12 configurations.
Then post to the share server Google Drive for downloads.

Just before I gave you the Link I re-complied and found a error in Marlin 2.0.x Auto Bed leveling settings, fixed.

Did you compare the settings you had with the setting in My version of Marlin.
Easiest way is to have NotePad ++ to be able to load both files you want to compare, files to compare are configuration.h, configurations_adv.h and pins_Ramps.h

Return to “Software and Firmware Discussion”