Klipper with Hictop 08 ?

Software and Firmware Discussion - related to source code, firmware updates, etc.
jalabaya
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop / UMO

Klipper with Hictop 08 ?

Post by jalabaya »

Does anyone run a HICTOP Reprap 3DP – 08BK Prusa i3 together with Klipper (via OctoPi)? I understand the config file is, well, configurable ;-) , but what is the pin-out of the Hictop?
jalabaya
Reactions:

Re: Klipper with Hictop 08 ?

Post by jalabaya »

Oh, I found this, but not entirely clear on how to morph this into a Klipper config file?
https://www.hic3dprinter.com/pages/firmware
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... TJULW1OZkE

It's too long, so posted here: https://controlc.com/8858e903
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Hello:

I Have two Hictop a 3DP11 and 3DP12 however I have never used Klipper.

Though
I have setup many version of marlin for your Hictop 3DP08 3DPrinter, an could use My configuration files for Marlin to give you the pins.
The controller for your 3DP08 is the same on both the Hictop 3DP11 and 3DP12 3D Printers even though the have several version of controller,
the hardware and pins of these controller remain the same.
jalabaya
Reactions:

Post by jalabaya »

Oh, that would be brilliant! Thank you for the offer.

I will send you PM.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

pins_RAMPS.h Attached
pins_RAMPS.h
(16.08 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
Is there a specific reason you want to use Klipper.
I have configured most of Marlin 1.x.x and Marlin 2.x.x to work with Hictop 3DP08
jalabaya
Reactions:

Post by jalabaya »

Thank you so much! Once I manage to get a working config file, I will post it here.

As for reasons, I am in the process of adding Klipper to an Original Ultimaker. The main reason there is because Klipper has a more convenient way to level the bed with out having to touch those levelling screws all the time. Now, i realise, the Hictop has the level sensor, but I thought, if I do one, I might as well to the other. The plan is to move on to the Voron series long term. Since they use Klipper as well, I might as well learn that piece of the puzzle now.

As far as the technicalities are involved, I have not looked that closely. Klipper may be less robust at this point, as it has not been around so long. But then there is the benefit of Octoprint and its many plug-ins and from what I understand Klipper offers faster step rates, and better kinematic planning.
wgoff194
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Modified hictop i3

Post by wgoff194 »

jalabaya wrote: April 14th, 2021, 8:50 pm Thank you so much! Once I manage to get a working config file, I will post it here.

As for reasons, I am in the process of adding Klipper to an Original Ultimaker. The main reason there is because Klipper has a more convenient way to level the bed with out having to touch those levelling screws all the time. Now, i realise, the Hictop has the level sensor, but I thought, if I do one, I might as well to the other. The plan is to move on to the Voron series long term. Since they use Klipper as well, I might as well learn that piece of the puzzle now.

As far as the technicalities are involved, I have not looked that closely. Klipper may be less robust at this point, as it has not been around so long. But then there is the benefit of Octoprint and its many plug-ins and from what I understand Klipper offers faster step rates, and better kinematic planning.
Any chance you were able to make the klipper config? I am tempted to try it on my 3dp11 and saw this post.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

wgoff194 wrote: August 9th, 2021, 11:46 pm
Any chance you were able to make the klipper config? I am tempted to try it on my 3dp11 and saw this post.
I have never tried to configure Klipper but would be willing to help with your 3DP11 endeavor, is there a version you are working with.
wgoff194
Reactions:

Post by wgoff194 »

I was able to build the config file. If anyone finds needs this in the future you can use this as an example.

https://github.com/wgoff194/klipper-hic ... rinter.cfg

Use of the file is at your own risk and should only be used as a base point to configure your own as many setting are specific to the direct machine like coms port and pid tunings.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I watched the teaching tech video on Klipper and it was obvious to me, very quickly...that's a ton of work
wgoff194
Reactions:

Post by wgoff194 »

LePaul wrote: August 30th, 2021, 7:45 pm I watched the teaching tech video on Klipper and it was obvious to me, very quickly...that's a ton of work
Teaching tech is the video that helped me do the conversion for my hictop. luckily I've updated marlin many times so i knew how to read the original configs and for pins there is a setting to use arduino pin names which means I didn't have to figure it out just copy over with ar prepended before the pin number.

Return to “Software and Firmware Discussion”