Power Supply Power Fused Cable

Share your hardware improvements for your HIC i3, the good and the bad!
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Power Supply Power Fused Cable

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Today I was thinking about rewiring my 3DP11. To those of you who have followed my posts.

When my Hictop 3DP11 showed up I had determined that the Power cord and the wiring supplied for powering the Controller was inadequate.
Having many spare 3 prong computer power cords picked the best of the lot for my 3D Printer, to replace the twin wire supplied power cord.

Then continue to the wires supplied for powering the controller, these wires were also a joke. Use larger wires for just about everything I make.
Wanting assemble my 3D Printer decided too use wiring I had. This just happened to be household electrical wiring capable of handling 30amps.

Now see some are adding a inline fuse to the controller card wiring. I just happen to have such a wire and wanted too ask if it was necessary.
Actually they added the Fuse to the heat bed circuit wiring to be exact. I am merely replacing this stiffer home wiring with a more flexible wire.
And while I was changing the wiring ask if if is a good ideal to have a fuse inline with the heat bed to help protect from a meltdown.

And in this case not exactly sure if I should use and exact amp fuse because it is pulsed modulated.
They have Circuit Breaker Blade Fuses 12 - 24V Re-settable 10 and 15 amp this would be and excellent choice fuse.

Give me your opinions.
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: Power Supply Power Fused Cable

Post by GrueMaster »

The only fuse my 3DP-17 had was one I added when the stock power switch (rated for AC only) burned out. I think I have a 15amp now. Will have to take the covers off to check.

Return to “Hardware Modifications”