HICTOP RepRap Prusa I3 - Calibration

Share your hardware improvements for your HIC i3, the good and the bad!
Chip Luck
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP Reprap Prusa I3

HICTOP RepRap Prusa I3 - Calibration

Post by Chip Luck »

New thread on calibrating a HICTOP Reprap Prusa I3

There is currently a thread created on [- Setting Nozzle Temp and Filament Feed Rate]. However, decided the calibration of the HICTOP can go here, to crate a common base. Feed rates, accelerations, nozzle/bed temp's, tweaking of controller parameters, test objects, et. all. Fellow HICTOP users and of course all you helpful folks here, are more than welcome chime in and share your settings and how you calibrated your HICTOP.

Still learning the software, hardware and setup of this budget printer. Have had some great prints, and then try to calibrate the Nozzle Temp and Feed Rate, well... some things have changed. Some for the good, some not so good. There are a lot out there that are using theirs out-of-the box and getting good results. Guess I'm a perfectionist! Worse case, you can always go back to 'basic settings' in the slicer software and perform a Factory Reset and there you go, as you received it.

Happy printing!
Chip Luck
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP Reprap Prusa I3

HICTOP RepRap Prusa I3 - Calibration Test

Post by Chip Luck »

Perimeter Test Object,

Got done with Feed Rate and Nozzle Temp test and calibration (1). So, went back and re-printed the object mentioned here later in the message. Thought that the test object here would be better than factory defaults and post calibration, well... something is still not quite right.

First object : the inner would not fit into the bottom no matter orientation. Print looks good with solid infill and adhesion, perimeter shows Z-stepping or feed/temp issues.

Second object (post calibration (1)) : inner almost fits in, if you turn it on the side, it will side-fit with some friction = top-to-bottom dimension appears correct, infill and adhesion is poor, perimeters do look better however.
0305161123b_1024x768.jpg
Will investigate further and tweak the setting as mentioned in the instructions, i.e. perimeter Width and Thickness setting in the slicer software.

Return to “Hardware Modifications”