3DP12 Hictop 24v Modifications

Share your hardware improvements for your HIC i3, the good and the bad!
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

3DP12 Hictop 24v Modifications

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Will be upgrading this 3DP12 with best free modifications to improve print quality better.
s-l1603.jpg
t
y
s-l1601.jpg
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Re: 3DP12 Hictop 24v Modifications

Post by Roberts_Clif »

The First model will be printing is this Hic Tech 3DP11 Z axis solid rod fix.

To show you why this is so necessary viewing the images below, will be self evident.
Right Z Stepper holder.jpg
Left Z Stepper holder.jpg
For those of you who can not see the smooth rods wobble in the thin metal multi purpose stepper motor smooth rod holders.
This make for a really crocked Z-Axis on every model printed.

At the same time will be printing a modified version this model to give Y-Axis end stop a rest.
Attached STL FIle, the reason I created this is adjusting end-stop switch to hit the stepper doesn't work very well.
Img_1927.jpg
Hictop Y-Endstop stepper mount.stl
(424.79 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Re: 3DP12 Hictop 24v Modifications

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Dissembled the Hictop extruder assembly found the extruder gear set screws were catching on their 3D Printed exturder housing.
Reversed the Gear an printed again.

Filament guide.jpg
Still need to adjust the belt tension to get the best print results. just troubleshooting simple problems.
Next post I will have all belts tension adjusted and all bearing cleaned an lubricated.

By The way I remember why I have a manual slide mount proximity sensor thumb screw adjustment.
The simple bed leveling an proximity sensor adjustment loosening and tightening screws is a horrible waste of time.
If I have an adjustable slide mount proximity sensor mount this several hour task would have only taken a couple minutes.
This adjusts the Proximity height to the Nozzle height making then we adjust the four corners for Bed leveling.

If you look at the image above you will see that a stock machine still has a lot of wobble, but prints a fairly good model.

After Cleaning all bearings the print improvement will be notices quite easily.

The main problem I found was the hot-end > Heat Block, Nozzle and throat were was adjusted to it lowest point,
This allows for extreme heat to build up causing the Teflon tubing to melt and deform causing clogs.

I have added a part to allow the Throat assembly to stay cool this is a heat fin.
If anyone knows where I can purchase more please post a link.
RepRap M6 Heatsinks.jpg
I cut these with only 2 fins, I just used my last one wish I could find more.

The only M6 Heat sinks found are these
M6 Heat Fin.jpg

Return to “Hardware Modifications”