Replacement extruder assembly

Share your hardware improvements for your HIC i3, the good and the bad!
boiler02
Reactions:

Replacement extruder assembly

Post by boiler02 »

I figured that part of my trouble with extrusion was because the filament wasn't quite making it into the tiny hole at the bottom of the plastic in the stock extruder. So, I purchased a replacement (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0196 ... UTF8&psc=1), but unfortunately the holes at the bottom don't match the holes in the 'u' carriage for the extruder. Can anyone recommend a different one?
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: Replacement extruder assembly

Post by Roberts_Clif »

This is for your Hictop 3DP-11-ATL correct.
I thought that the "Anycubic All Metal Right Hand MK8 Extruder Aluminum Frame Block DIY Kit for Reprap i3 3D Printer" was compatible.

So I too want the know the answer to this. I was planning on purchasing one for My Hictop 3DP11/12 3D Printer
boiler02
Reactions:

Post by boiler02 »

That's correct, for my 3DP-11-ATL. The distance between the holes in the assembly heatsink is greater than the distance on the carriage. I was rather disappointed, I really liked the look.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I tried to search of one using "Hictop Metal Extruder Aluminum Block" though nothing comes up but MK8.

They have longer throats 30mm , 40mm and 50mm then you could extend higher into the filament clamp.
I straighten the filament a much as possible then push it down seem to work not 1st time every time though.
ieatacid
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-03

Post by ieatacid »

I bought the same thing as in the OP. I just used a Dremel with an end mill bit to widen the hole that the block mounts to, so now it matches up and works with no problems. I did have to take the top piece to work and mill down the thumb grip area so it would fit my 3DP-03.

I'm working on building this extruder to replace it: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1246951/

It really is a beautiful design.

Return to “Hardware Modifications”