Replacement Bed

Share your hardware improvements for your HIC i3, the good and the bad!
boiler02
Reactions:

Replacement Bed

Post by boiler02 »

I've noticed lately that I have to re-level the whole bed every other print (annoying) and, more troublesome, the back-right screw really needs to be ratcheted down to be level. Last night when I measured the distance between the bottom of the bed and the top of the carriage platform, that back right corner was around 2mm lower than the others.

So... Does anyone have recommendations on a replacement carriage platform and bed?
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: Replacement Bed

Post by Roberts_Clif »

There are two major problems with Hictop Bed.

1st the Light sheet metal carriage bends every time you put the slightest little bit of pressure on it.
2nd the wing nuts they gave us are only garbage, if they are not parallel with the Bed they hit and turn, and without anti vibration washer they turn.

How to fix replace bed carriage with 209mm between mounting holes Aluminum Anodized Universal Y Carriage Plate about $20.00,
Or you can brace the carriage with Strap Aluminum from any hardware store.
Throw the wing nuts away, Print a Thumb wheel for M3 and use a rubber washer to keep it from turning.
Thumbwheel_for_M3_Nut.stl
(6.74 MiB) Downloaded 525 times
boiler02
Reactions:

Post by boiler02 »

One of the first hardware upgrades I bought were different leveling screws (BIQU Leveling Component M3 Screw) I didn't actually install them until recently, but they're already better! I also just ordered a replacement carriage plate, the v2 of the one you mentioned.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Yes, That is exactly what I have saved in my E-Bay.

I have this problem then printed the Thumb wheel for M3 nuts and placed a rubber O-ring to keep it from vibration loose.

Return to “Hardware Modifications”