Hictop 3dp11 Printer

Have a problem or question, suggested links/information/FAQ's? Post it here
slewpy
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3dp11

Hictop 3dp11 Printer

Post by slewpy »

Hello everyone and please be gentle with me. I have just about run out of patience with this thing. I've had this printer for a couple of years and finally decided to try and figure it out. Paperwork I have on it, is that it is a Hictop 3DP11 I've watched many different setup videos and it looks like I'm good with the build. Using the Cura 15.04.2 software I was able to save a file to an sd card and start printing As I couldn't find anything that resembles the 3dp11 in the machine add section I ended up with the Prusa Mendel I3.

Seemed like for about 10 minutes things were going ok and then the printer moved to the left edge and things started to fail. I've looked at firmware options, but I'm completely lost as I cannot find a way to see the firmware I have currently.

I tried to use the Cura 3.2.1 and originally the print surface showed circular while the 3dp11 printer was chosen. I changed the machine to the i3 prusa and I got a square platform setting Loaded the file and started to print but now the home location is way off to the left and again nothing seemed right so I stopped the print.

I've got a usb cable going to the printer but no idea how to add it to the computer

I could go on A=nyone able to help or point me to very basic instructions on how to get started?
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: Hictop 3dp11 Printer

Post by Roberts_Clif »

This is a common problem with many 3D Printers.

I have posted many fixes for this. I will start with again posting my Cura configurations profiles.

Cura 15.04.6 Profiles for 0.4mm nozzle.zip
(27.95 KiB) Downloaded 600 times
Cura 2.6.2.zip
(2.86 KiB) Downloaded 649 times
Depending on witch Power Supply your 3D Printer came with 12/24volt.
I would adjust the supply close to the 12 or 24 volts adjusting the voltage to high allows electrical noise.
This electrical noise can cause the layer shifting.

I will point you to my Posts on Electrical noise problems, please read all posts in this section.
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=691&p=12308&hilit=EFI#p12308

If you need any further help Post or PM me I will help you to get this 3D Printer working correctly.

We have a Hictop Prusa i3 Section HICTOP RepRap Prusa I3
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

Moved topic to the Hictop general forum.

Welcome to the site. I too have a Hictop 3DP17 (very similar to the 3DP11). @Roberts_Clif knows way more about it though, but I will try to help where I can.

Biggest thing is to have patience.
slewpy
Reactions:

Post by slewpy »

Thank you for the replies. I spent more hours after I posted and only confused myself a bit more.

First to reply to your kindness Roberts_Clif… I downloaded both of those files the 15.04.6 profiles zip gives me an error (Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error) Tried skipping through a second time but after the folder shows folders for Profiles 1.75 and 3.00 but they are empty.

cura 2.6.2 file seemed to download and extract fine...not really sure what the files are yet..

Power supply is the 24v 15a Is adjusting done through firmware?
slewpy
Reactions:

Post by slewpy »

Thank you GrueMaster for moving to correct thread in the forums. You have enabled me to understand that my Hictop 3dp11 is a form of reprap printer. I thought reprap was a brand last night...It's crazy how different all the tech is nowadays. I haven't spent this much time trying to figure out something electronic since I was 10. Maybe next I'll be able to upload my little yellow monster in the Christmas tree above my name...lol

While I'm no further along today with my machine than I was last night I've had the opportunity to do a bunch of reading
slewpy
Reactions:

Post by slewpy »

By the way Roberts_Clif did you receive a pm from me? I drafted one but really cannot tell if it sent or is in my outbox for real..
slewpy
Reactions:

Post by slewpy »

Another day on this thing and I don't feel much closer.. Stumbled across a youtube video with Chinese language but saw the dp11 and the user had the Ultimaker2 as chosen machine. I flowed along and did the same in cura, pulled in a .stl file and sent to printer Started out ok but stuck the nozzle down tight to plate and started to print while tearing up my masking tape. No freaking idea how to get the nozzle to stay up off the plate
slewpy
Reactions:

Post by slewpy »

Guess I was a little overzealous as choosing the prusa i3 machine allows me to print from usb as well. It also buries the nozzle into the plate and starts to print or should I say gouge the metal.
slewpy
Reactions:

Post by slewpy »

I give up on this pos. Maybe the phoenix port for the z axis sensor is no longer working. I went back to the included limit switch and while it stops the side its under the other side and threaded rod continue to drive downwards. Maybe the firmware on this thing is looking for the green proximity sensor I don't know. The firmware upgrade looks a little ambitious for me but at this point if the thing gets bricked whats the difference. I just don't understand what changed from yesterday where it centered fine and allowed me to print, albeit the prints were off the platform but now the nopzzle just keeps trying to go down deeper everytime.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

slewpy wrote: December 11th, 2019, 11:39 am First to reply to your kindness Roberts_Clif… I downloaded both of those files the 15.04.6 profiles zip gives me an error (Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error)
I used 7-Zip to compress the file
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

slewpy wrote: December 11th, 2019, 7:39 pm By the way Roberts_Clif did you receive a pm from me? I drafted one but really cannot tell if it sent or is in my outbox for real..
Yes
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Cura 15.04.6.jpg
Cura 15.04.6 3D Printer setup.
slewpy
Reactions:

Post by slewpy »

How do you get those printers to show up or add? I don't see anything pertaining to a Hictop.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

OK!

I created the Hictop Profile using the following steps.
Cura 15.04.6 Run Program
Click On Machine, Select Add new machine then select next.
Select Other from Select you Machine.

Image Below
Image3.jpg
As you can see my Cura Has Hictop, This is because I added it to the list.

I went into the "Cura_15.04.6\resources\machine_profiles folder" and created a simple Hictop Profile.
One of these days maybe I will create a better more complex profile.
Hictop.ini
(429 Bytes) Downloaded 589 times

You can download this profile and add it to your "Cura_15.04.6\resources\machine_profiles folder"

Or you can use Prusa Mendel i3 and change to the to similar settings on the Image in my previous post..
slewpy
Reactions:

Post by slewpy »

Let the games begin. Thank you so much for the info. I beat myself up long enough. Nothing like throwing a little money at the problem. Ran downtown and picked up an Ender 3 this afternoon. I do intend on getting the 3dp11 going but right now I need to learn something on a machine that actually prints for me. I am starting to get some of the basics after a couple of trial and error prints. The preloaded samples are doing fine but when I add a file to cura and send to sd card the print will not stick to plate. Fun to see something happening though!

Return to “General Questions”