Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Hictop Controllers

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Hictop Controllers
MPKv1.jpg
My New Hictop replacement Controller has the SD Card on the Controller,
and My Marlin that was configured for use with the old controller without the onboard SD card.

When I flash the New Controller it recognizes the onboard controller SD Card and not the 2004 LCD Reprap Discount Smart Controller SD reader.

Is there a way to tell my Marlin to look for the LCD card Reader instead.

Thank You any information you may have I could Try.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: Hictop Controllers

Post by Roberts_Clif »

It appears that the SS signal moves over to a R96 label with no resistor routed to the EXP2 connector side.
The other Side of the R96 label travels to two points Pin 5 of 74HC4050 Buffer and Pin 19 of the ATMEGA2560-16AU chip.

Without a jumper on R96 the signal never gets to the EXP2 connector.

Looking at the LCD schematic it appears that the same buffer was duplicated to U7 Chip on Hictop controller to drive the onboard SD card reader.
So If I lifted Pin 5 of U7 and added a 0 ohm resistor to R96 the signal should again flow to the Reprap 2004 smart discount controller and function.

OR

I could even wire in a STDP Switch and switch between the two SD card readers now that done research this would be the easy fix.
May even be the best option as some models are printed many many times while others are only printed one.
This way I could leave the SD card in the onboard Controller SD Reader and leave the singles prints to the LCD SD Reader.

Have also thought about changing the baud rate to 250000 to allow for faster model uploads to the SD cards.
Attachments
MPX.3.jpg

Return to “General Questions”