Have a problem or question, suggested links/information/FAQ's? Post it here
RednKentucky
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop Migbot

MK8 MK9 Dual Extruder Upgrade

Post by RednKentucky »

image.jpeg
Hello Everyone,

I am currently working on a dual extruder setup for my Hictop Migbot Prusa i3 Plexiglas running Marlin 1.1 RC6.

Have any of you done this or know of someone who has and can point me to them?

I have questions on the firmware setup and what is needed. Cannot find clear information on how to set EXTRUDER_OFFSET_X and EXTRUDER_OFFSET_Y with this setup and how to add PID settings for second extruder.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Chip Luck
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP Reprap Prusa I3

Re: MK8 MK9 Dual Extruder Upgrade

Post by Chip Luck »

That looks to be a pretty nice setup. Myself have never configured for a dual extruder so cannot chime in here. However, have you tried searching the RepRap Forums or the internet? Let us know how it works out.

forums.reprap.org

---
NotMe999
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP Prusa i3 with Auto-leveling

Re: MK8 MK9 Dual Extruder Upgrade

Post by NotMe999 »

This is probably a bit late, but I took a pause in working on 3D Printing while getting my dual extrusion going. The EXTRUDER_OFFSET_X and EXTRUDER_OFFSET_Y are set based on the distance between Extruder 1 and Extruder 2. The offset value is positive in the direction of increasing position. For the HICTOP positive X is to the left and positive Y is towards the back. I use a Chimera with the nozzles along the Y axis. My Hotend 2 is toward the front of the printer, so I use -18 as my EXTRUDER_OFFSET_Y and 0 for my EXTRUDER_OFFSET_X as there is no difference in the X location of the nozzles.

As for the PID settings, the information I have at the moment is that the firmware uses the same PID settings for both Extruders. I haven't looked at RC7 to see if that has changed.

Return to “General Questions”