Printer no longer auto levels...

Have a problem or question, suggested links/information/FAQ's? Post it here
Joezombies
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop prusa i3

Printer no longer auto levels...

Post by Joezombies »

I'm new to the forum so forgive me if this has been covered. If it has please feel free to point me in the right direction. I've had my hictop (auto bed level, filament sensor versiom)for almost a year now and the first print came off flawless. Had a lot of good prints, but a lot of failure. The same week I received my printer and assembled it the ramps board blew up. Contacted hictop and they sent me a replacement, not wanting to wait for it to arrive to start printing again I ordered a replacement off of amazon from hictop as well. It came in programmed, so I dug around and found what I thought was the firmware for it and programmed it, been running that for a while now, but I noticed it only probed 6 times on the bed and hasn't super reliable. I recently installed the board they sent me, and it probbed 9 times and prints at 0.2 layer height looked better than prints previously at 0.1 layer height. I was super happy about that. Recently the plastic belt holder on the x axis carriage got soft from heat while printing something in abs(this is one I printed solid to replace the one from the factory which failed) I redesigned the belt holder and used a friends printer to print it out of pla to get my printer up so I could print one in abs. I installed the new part and fired up my printer, loaded it file using settings for abs so I could print the replacement. Well when the temps got up to where they were set in the g coade the hotnend went to zero like it should, but instead of probing the bed it moved on the x axis like it should and stopped at the first probe point, then the next and then the table moved and proceeded to do the rest in this fashion, without ever lifting the print head up and then going back down to probe. Does anyone out there have a clue what caused this? All I did was replace that plastic belt holder on the x axis, nothing else. I ran it like this and it printed the part fine, with the exception of the first couple layers being flat and as as thick as a human hair. Sorry for the long winded explanation, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Joezombies
Reactions:

Re: Printer no longer auto levels...

Post by Joezombies »

No one???
antiklesys
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO

Post by antiklesys »

Could this be a Z offset issue?
Can you post a picture of the printer indicating the part you replaced?
Joezombies
Reactions:

Post by Joezombies »

The part I replaced was just the plastic x axis belt holder that mounts to the x axis carriage. I tried to attach a picture of the part, but I'm on my phone and for some reason it keeps having an error when I try to attach anything.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Make sure it's not a gigantic photo....I set the limit to 25mb
Joezombies
Reactions:

Post by Joezombies »

Yeah the photo is 4.3mb I think its the browser on my phone. But as I said its just the belt holder that mounts on the back of the x axux carriage. I don't think it had anything to do with this issue, so I'm assuming its electrical, maybe firmware related. If I manually level the bed it prints fine, just can't explain why it does what it does suddenly. I'll try to record a video of what it does and upload it to youtube

Return to “General Questions”