New board -- everything is wrong

Have a problem or question, suggested links/information/FAQ's? Post it here
kool65
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): hictop 3dp-18

New board -- everything is wrong

Post by kool65 »

My extruder was heating uncontrollably. After following all the suggestions from Hictop, including flashing the firmware, I installed a new board. I still have the problem of the extruder heating uncontrollably, but there are a lot of other issues as well now.
I replaced the extruder, the hotend and the themistor.

1. when I plug in the USB cable, the LCD powers on and shows a reading for the nozzle but not the bed. I've double checked all the connections.
2. when I turn on the power supply, the head and the bed begin to oscillate back and forth a couple centimeters.
3. the extruder begins to heat uncontrollably.
4. when I try to update the firmware, I get a message on the computer to plug in the USB cable. I've tried different cables and different ports. It is clearly plugged in since it can power the LCD even with the power supply off.

I've use just over one roll of filament and it made good prints, but I've now been messing with this for weeks trying to repair it.

Any ideas? I'm not techie enough to follow all the software changes I've seen recommended for other problems.

Thanks, all.
Chaco
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HyperCube & Hictop Prusa i3 3DP-08

Re: New board -- everything is wrong

Post by Chaco »

sounds like you need a whole new fresh firmware flashed on that board.
the bed not reading can be as simple as the wrong thermistor being defined on the firmware...

Return to “General Questions”