3DP-17 Proximity Sensor Not Working Properly

Have a problem or question, suggested links/information/FAQ's? Post it here
AlmostAnEngineer
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP 3DP-17

3DP-17 Proximity Sensor Not Working Properly

Post by AlmostAnEngineer »

Hello all!

I have spent the past few weeks trying to get my new 3DP-17 working and it has been a bit of a nightmare! After finally seeming to get it all dialed in, I encountered an error where the SN04-N sensor's red LED was always on, indicating it is always detecting metal. However, this isn't the case because it had just successfully finished a print and was about 40 mm above the bed. Ever since then, I haven't been able to figure out how to get it working properly again.

I tried reflashing Marlin and that didn't work. I turned it off, unplugged it, and came back a few hours later and its still giving the false positive reading. Has anyone else experienced this? Do I just need to get a new sensor?

Any help would be appreciated.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: 3DP-17 Proximity Sensor Not Working Properly

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Would like to help did some tests and could only duplicate the same results when using a SN04-P.
could not duplicate using a SN04-N

I am using a SN04-N, However I tested a SN04-P and get a similar effect. When you move metal closer to the sensor light gets brighter but remains on. I my case I was able to duplicate the results by reversing the logic when using a SN04-P.

// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endsto
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.

I have my SN04-N plugged into Z-Min as if were a Switch.
Signal top -Blue
Ground middle -Black
+5v Bottom -Brown
AlmostAnEngineer
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP 3DP-17

Re: 3DP-17 Proximity Sensor Not Working Properly

Post by AlmostAnEngineer »

Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look at it later to see what results it gives me.

Return to “General Questions”