Thermistor Issues

Have a problem or question, suggested links/information/FAQ's? Post it here
kgrigio
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP 3DP-11-ATL

Thermistor Issues

Post by kgrigio »

I haven't played with my printer much in the last couple of weeks as I was prepping to covert from the stock extruder to a bowden extruder. I finally got everything done with my mod and plugged in the new extruder/thermistor combo and the extruder temp is reading 88 on the LCD with the extruder being at room temp. I plugged the old extruder in and low and behold the old extruder is also now reading 88 on the LCD when at room temperature. Before the change over I would read about 22, at room temp, which is 72 F, which is where I keep my house temp.

Any thoughts on what might be going on? I also noticed that my bed temp is also now reading 5, so something is for sure happening as I never touched that sensor or connection. I have tried unplugging the thermistors right from the mother board and the temps don't change, but if I heat up the extruder or the bed, then the temps will rise, but never get below 88 on the extruder and will fall to 5 on the bed.

At this point I am at a loss and wondering if I somehow messed up my motherboard.
kgrigio
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP 3DP-11-ATL

Re: Thermistor Issues

Post by kgrigio »

After further checking, my bed temp is -5 C and when I try and heat it up I get a min temp warning. I measured the thermistor resistance right at the mother board and it is fine, at 110k ohms. I have a spare bed that I plugged into the mother board and I am having the same issues. I am beginning to think my mother board is toast.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I don't have that printer to tinker with so I apologize for not having anything helpful to suggest!
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I have two 3DP ATL Hictop 3D Printers, I still have the Stock extruder. thou I may be able to help you.

When you upgraded to the Bowden Extruder / thermister get you get the specs on the thermister that was included.
If unknown Post location where bowden extruder was acquired.

I believe you need to change the configuration.h file from 1 to 11

Marlin
* 1 : 100k thermistor - best choice for EPCOS 100k (4.7k pullup)
* 11 : 100k beta 3950 1% thermistor (4.7k pullup)

Return to “General Questions”