OctoPrint and FireFox

Wireless/network connectivity to print, control and monitor prints!
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

OctoPrint and FireFox

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I have most recently been having problems opening OctoPrint using, now do not jump to any conclusions until you read.

If I open OctoPrint using fire fox it work perfectly when I close and try to re-Open OctoPrint I get the following Screen:
You may also note that the Connection tab on the left is also missing

Image12.jpg

This look perfectly normal though no matter what you do OctoPrint just is not responding.
In order to get OctoPrint to work all you need to do is Clear History in FireFox and simply reload.

Learned this the hard way, as many times thought OctoPrint had crashed and reloaded OctoPrint to the SD Card from a Backup.

Yes there is a Question here! Any Ideals.
Does anyone know if there is a simpler way of making OctoPrint execute without Clearing FireFox History.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Re: OctoPrint and FireFox

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Narrowing it down Clearing "Cashed Web content" allows for Reloading OctoPrint.

Problem is caused by improperly shutting down OctoPrint using X In Windows corner...
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

First thing that comes to mind is you aren't logged in....mine gives a log in prompt screen, then Octoprint opens
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

This is correct! The login screen never appears. Not even login on the Right menu tab works.
Believe that the cached content holds a corrupted connection link that was left in memory from using Window X to close Octoprint.
Nothing I do will allow the connection except clearing the cached content, Then reloading the web IP address brings up OctoPrint correctly.

And do not believe it is an OctoPrint but a FireFox Error.
Last edited by Roberts_Clif on January 18th, 2019, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I have Recently determined that the Error occurs even when it is shut down correctly.

The only way to reload the OctoPrint Login screen is to Clear the History Cache.

Return to “Wireless Printing and Controllers”