Hictop Printer gone off the rails

Topics of Large-Scale 3D Printers
delheidia
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop

Hictop Printer gone off the rails

Post by delheidia »

Hi all, Have 2 Hictop dual extrusion printer. They have been printing simply beautiful prints until recently and have completely gone off the rails
Attached are pics of one of the great prints and the others are of what has been happening lately
Lays bottom layer and next 3-4 layers no problem, no adhesion problems, then they start either printing layers off skew or, and this now happens all the time, starts printing a horizontal line across the middle of the print (as per pic)
Has anybody got any ideas as to why this is happening and how I can fix it - PLEASE
Attachments
print 4.jpg
print 3.jpg
print 2.jpg
print 1.jpg
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: Hictop Printer gone off the rails

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Are you still using Stock firmware.
delheidia
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop

Post by delheidia »

Yes I am
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I can not wrap my head around what is happening.

Could we start an exchange of posts to see what could be causing this problem.

My Hictops 3DP11 and 3DP12 had erroneous stepper motor moves and decided to troubleshoot findings below.
My Hictops had crazy un-programmed moves that were made, unlike your Hictop it did not print filament.
The movements were in the X,Y and Z directions, I could guess that my printers problem could have caused an extrude.
The problem was traced to noise, and when I placed the LCD cables in a makeshift EFI conduit unintended moves stopped.

My conduit consisted of covering LCD ribbon cable with blue tape then covering Blue tape with aluminum Duct Tape and ground it.
First I make a 3D Printed case of my controller an lined the inside of case with aluminum Duct Tape, this proved effective,
but it required more shielding. I also moved the LCD displays to the Front frame rail for ease of use also helped stop unintended moves.

The Twins 2018-3.JPG

I re-routed all cables inside controller case the shortest direct path to the an exit portal with-out crossing the stepper motor drivers.

Blue Case.jpg

My Case Designed Attached, No fan mounting hole's were included holes need to be drilled for fan used.
I have many more posts to read on this forum, I have added many models to Hictop to improve its printing.
This includes changing to Marlin 1.x.x or Marlin 2,x,x firmware.
Attachments
Hictop Cover T-Skin.stl
(1022.35 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Hictop BaseSD.stl
(63.75 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Hictop Base Oval.stl
(63.17 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
leonardo.amg3d
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker

Post by leonardo.amg3d »

Awesome, it's amazing to see so many passionate hobbyist modding their own 3D printers and sharing their experience here on the forum :)

Return to “Large Scale 3D Printers”