V1 Engineering's Piper

Topics of Large-Scale 3D Printers
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: V1 Engineering's Piper

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I am still looking for a Control case, the one I found is horrible, it is so thin you can virtually see thew it.
And I do not want to waste my time with such a horribly Thin Control case.
Do not in fact believe it would survive very long and provide no controller protection.

I have found some Anwenk 1/4"-20 x 15mm Furniture Screw in Nut Threaded Wood Inserts and have install an placed 32 of the them in the CNC main Deck. This can be used to attach a removable Hot-Bed quickly.

My MPCNC-1.jpg

Now I can fasten anything with a simple clamp that is 3D Printed or CNC milled using many type of material. First I still want to Find a Controller Case.

One NOTE: Because I decided to make my MPCNC so tall, the power cable on the Dewalt must be carefully positioned or it will cause the Z-Axis too bind on the X or Y max borders.
I decided, I need to get My MPCNC running. So for a quick fix I am going to quickly 3D Print this V3.0 Scalar.
There is a few modification that I believe should be made while the good parts print, I can modify the pieces that want changes on.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2402773

Changed the Front Panel to say "My MPCNC" stl Attached.
MyMPCNC_-_ElectronicBox_LCD.stl
(713.56 KiB) Downloaded 478 times

Printing a temporary Controller case will then be doing the finishing touches.

Will start with learning how to Use Auto Cad Fusion 360 to setup tool paths for MPCNC.
Knew I had more learning to Do with Fusion 360 Free for hobbyist. Time to get back to YouTube and start learning fast.

I still want to Add a large heated Print Bed and a 1.0mm nozzle this is still in the future.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Hello again;;

I discovered today that the longer Stepper motor cables I purchased from California.
Are in fact being shipped from mainland china, so it will be quite some time before I see the parts if ever.

How is it that E-Bay continues allow this to happen, as many times as we have all complained this should have stop.

May have to buy spares from somewhere else to be able to finish the MPCNC build.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Had stopped working on my MPCNC project for some time now, It is time to start and finish this up.
I have decided on which LCD display Case, Power Supply case and Arduino and Ramps 1.6 case will be printed.
An now 3D Printing the final pieces to finish the Arduino enclosure, then a quick reroute of the wiring.
Will be ready to start my first Carving.

When finished will add a second tool, a hot-end from my Hictop 3D Printers design as have plenty of spares.
It should be simple enough to make any changes to the MPCNC an easily 3d Print PLA, and ABS.

Should be easy to design a solid 300x300 hot-bed assembly to be attached to the MPCNC carving table.
One that has four corner leveling thumb screws, and manually set the nozzle start location.

Finished pictures to follow.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I was about to print final parts, discovered that after copying the G-code files from my computer to the SD card.
That MY PC incorrectly copied the file because of a USB driver corruption, caused file to make the 3D Print fail.
Failure appeared a lot like a layer shift on the print gave it the appearance of a under-extruded ghost image.
It also looked as though I had clogged the nozzle, but a quick check proved this to be incorrect diagnosis.

After re-installing the SD Card Reader USB Driver I again moved the G code to the 3D Printer this time with success.

I liked this case so well that I am posting the link here so everyone can see.
This slick little case could be modified for any project.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3160772

Made the Front plate without logo
Case 2.jpg
Case 1.jpg
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

It has been a long time.
I have come up with a plan to add some Mic Connectors that will allow my controller to be mounted into a control box like the some of the newer 3D Printers. So will begin adding the Female and sockets to the control panel. and the Male plugs to the cabling for My MPCNC.

When completed need to add a Stepper Expander which will allow me to do FDM 3D Printing with the MPCNC.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Its been awhile and have not been working on my MPCNC or even my 3D Printers much at all.
Though as the daylight increases plan to start having more time to finish the extruder part of my newest MPCNC.

Next step is to add the two additional stepper drivers to allow me to swap between router, laser and extruder.
I have all the parts to complete the modification just had a loss of usable time I could spend for this project.
Waiting for warmer dry days to test the Router in a real life cutting scenario, noise being loud in a small house.
Then will make the electronic modifications for Laser and Extruder tools which will include a modified firmware.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

So many toys, so little time!

Return to “Large Scale 3D Printers”